What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

frozen e mail screen

mevince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i go to the e mail screen, all i get is a blank screen, How do I get it working again? Have tried the settings screen, but this freezes as well though only when i try to look at the settings for mail. Any ideas?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum. I'd say the app is causing the problem. Double click your home button, this will bring up your multi task bar along the bottom. It will show all the apps that you have opened at one time or another. Long press one of these apps until they start to jiggle and red minus signs will appear above them all. Press all the minus signs, this will close them, not delete them. It's a good idea to do this regularly just to keep them all running smoothly, I do mine every night. See if you can access the mail app now, if not a restart is in order. Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will start again. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will help the iPad to run smoother. Now see if your mail is operating. If not you will have to do a reset. Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. This is a reset. When your iPad starts to play up, these are the first steps you should do to clear it. Let us know how you go, good luck!!

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mevince said:
It worked!!! Thanks for that.

Isn't it a wonderful feeling when something goes wrong that these lovely guys (and gals) on the forum help and suddenly your problem is fixed. What a great feeling of relief when it all works!

Keep up the good work, we would be lost without you. dde0ddde18dde03

Edit - dont know why the emoji faces don't work.........

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What a lovely thing to say. Thank you. And I'm glad you added (gals). Some have thought I was male, just never thought my name could look like that. It's also a great feeling to really help someone and then the fact is, I've learnt all of this on this wonderful Forum from someone else too. What goes around comes around I guess. And the emoji not working is a pest. I've seen it everywhere. So I just do the old colon and bracket thing until I work out why :). Thanks again

Most reactions

Latest posts