What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GrowingAnnoyance

jwed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an older iPad Air {MD785CL/B running 12.4.1 } and for the last few years its been dropping down a little window with a message on it thats really becoming annoying because its happening more and more often. Whenever I'm searching the web or watching a video and hit the back arrow to go to the previous page of search results it doesn't go back: Instead, a little window drops down and asks, "Are you sure you want to submit this form again?"

Is there any way to get rid of this?

Thx

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Short answer: No

Long answer:

Whenever you go back to a page that was created by some kind of search or form submission (other than a search engine) the browser needs to resubmit the same search that created the page in the first place. This is because the page does not have a permanent URL that can just be gone back too. Almost all web browsers are going to ask you to allow them to re-submit that data. Why? Don’t know. Probably a security thing.

More web sites are using this kind of form based search, so you are seeing it more often.

Suggestion:

When you are visiting links off of a search or form result page, instead of just tapping them Tap-Hold then choose Open in New Tab or Open in new Window. That way you can just close the tab when done, then choose a different link.

I like doing this when I’m on any page that I might want to try mulitiple links from. Especially shopping pages.

OP
J

jwed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK thx for that. I'm sure you know more about than I do and I'll try the tap&hold, but I should add that it doesn't only happen when I use the arrow. Sometimes it'll happen when I tap the link to a page that I have in the SafariBar too. So if I search for "IpadForum" from an engine, and then use a search result to get here, it'll still do it when I try to leave the forum, even if I click on a favourite from the SafariBar instead of using the back arrow.

I'm so old I remember when computers did as they were told without arguing.

Short answer: No

Long answer:

Whenever you go back to a page that was created by some kind of search or form submission (other than a search engine) the browser needs to resubmit the same search that created the page in the first place. This is because the page does not have a permanent URL that can just be gone back too. Almost all web browsers are going to ask you to allow them to re-submit that data. Why? Don’t know. Probably a security thing.

More web sites are using this kind of form based search, so you are seeing it more often.

Suggestion:

When you are visiting links off of a search or form result page, instead of just tapping them Tap-Hold then choose Open in New Tab or Open in new Window. That way you can just close the tab when done, then choose a different link.

I like doing this when I’m on any page that I might want to try mulitiple links from. Especially shopping pages.

Most reactions

Latest posts