What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many iPad users are iPhone users as well?

Do you own an iPhone as well as an iPad?

• iPad and iPhone

Votes: 93 74.4%
  • iPad only

Votes: 32 25.6%

• Total voters

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, I think I was typing aloud! I meant that I wouldn't see the x1/x2 options if what you said about the iPad 2 is correct.......I'd delete my post but to be honest I'd be better off deleting myself!

The Archangel

No problem. I was just wondering if I'd missed something in an earlier post, or was missing the context. It's happened before.

Once my mistakes are public, and pointed out, I'd rather leave them. I can live with people knowing I make mistakes. However, if I catch them before I get caught, that's different. I think of it the same way as fixing my spelling or typos; a public service. :D

{On those not-frequent-enough occations when I notice my typos and spelling mistakes, that is}

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well you will definitely notice a massive difference. Hubby has my old 3GS but only uses it for his bond songs and Moody Blues music. It's soooo slow in comparison to my iPhone 5.

iBryant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm an iPad AND iPhone user. Started off with the iPhone and worked my way to the iPad. I love both, but use the iPad the most. I usually only use my phone for calling and texting.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm an iPad AND iPhone user. Started off with the iPhone and worked my way to the iPad. I love both, but use the iPad the most. I usually only use my phone for calling and texting.

I have both!!

Sent from my Black 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 in NYC using Tap

the damps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For us, a cell-phone is for making phone calls (i.e actually TALKING). We have a flip-phone of some kind. It's just like our home phone except we can use it other places. I wouldn't consider buying a smart-phone of any flavor. We don't even take photos with it, except by accident when we're trying to open it. We have about 30 snaps of our feet!

I think it's hilarious that people buy these 60" or bigger TV sets for the home, and then use the dinky little screens on their phones.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wanted to buy a iPhone 5S. But I wasted it for a goddamn Galaxy Note 3. I find the battery, speed, flexibility, app store, and interface better than it. When I mean flexibility I mean like how to customize your keyboard (Not themes, languages), customization of its features, total control over its browser, customization to fit for your life, especially for the physically challenged, better integration for google, yahoo, Facebook, twitter, aol, hotmail, and other accounts that can be used for your iPad. What Android is good at is only flexibility for themes. And for the less important parts.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I wanted to buy a iPhone 5S. But I wasted it for a goddamn Galaxy Note 3. I find the battery, speed, flexibility, app store, and interface better than it. When I mean flexibility I mean like how to customize your keyboard (Not themes, languages), customization of its features, total control over its browser, customization to fit for your life, especially for the physically challenged, better integration for google, yahoo, Facebook, twitter, aol, hotmail, and other accounts that can be used for your iPad. What Android is good at is only flexibility for themes. And for the less important parts.

Most of what you want is available in Android. It's just not as easy. You'll have to do more research and search (deeply) into the Google Play store. That's the dark side of flexibility and customization. It requires more effort and knowledge on the part of the user. And that's why Apple is so popular. It tries to simplify the experience by limiting the OS to a series of good choices that are easy to make. It's not perfect, and ot doesn't fit everyone, but for those that Apple does fit it's makes for an excellent user experience.

I admit that themes seem to be a big deal for many Android users. Some forums seem to be a never ending series of 'look at my new cool theme' posts. But there are more serious users who can tell you how to get the most out of your device.

I'm saying this not to convince you you've got the right device for you, or to make you keep it. Only so that you will know that if you decide to keep it, all is not lost. You'll just have to work a bit harder for what you want, and maybe in the end you'll like it.

Or, sell it and get and iPhone. That works too. :)

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An iPad is enough for one person, let alone and iPad and an iPhone. I have an iPad Mini and plan on getting an iPad Air... I asked my dad about getting it for Christmas.

He asked if I made it up.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most of what you want is available in Android. It's just not as easy. You'll have to do more research and search (deeply) into the Google Play store. That's the dark side of flexibility and customization. It requires more effort and knowledge on the part of the user. And that's why Apple is so popular. It tries to simplify the experience by limiting the OS to a series of good choices that are easy to make. It's not perfect, and ot doesn't fit everyone, but for those that Apple does fit it's makes for an excellent user experience.

I admit that themes seem to be a big deal for many Android users. Some forums seem to be a never ending series of 'look at my new cool theme' posts. But there are more serious users who can tell you how to get the most out of your device.

I'm saying this not to convince you you've got the right device for you, or to make you keep it. Only so that you will know that if you decide to keep it, all is not lost. You'll just have to work a bit harder for what you want, and maybe in the end you'll like it.

Or, sell it and get and iPhone. That works too. :)

Probably. You may be right.

Yes MOST. I actually won't stick to the GN3. Its too big. It loses in stores. And I am actually more of a rebel. (Jailbreaker). I don't really like android. Still I like how it has a really good battery life, really high RAM, and also its monster specs.

Even for me I have to admit that I love some of the features and widget that android has. Which all of thses can be done in a jailbreak. But for me some of the features show inaccurate data. It is VERY, VERY, unstable for me. Its like the hulk.

I still like Android a little. But for me, its not just right. Its not just right for me.

I want a 5S, which I may get in christmas so basically I will see hoe this turns out.

sammy_boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both an iPad Mini and and iPhone - Long time Android fan but have both an iPad and an iPod Touch and really enjoyed using them. Until a couple of months ago I had NEVER owned an iPhone - until I bought a secondhand 4S that must be close to 2 years old. Love it! Still love Android too (I also have a Moto G) and can't understand all the fanboy-ism on both sides. Both iOS and Android have their advantages and disadvantages but finding I'm preferring the iOS ecosystem just a shade currently.

One thing I miss most though on the iPhone - SwiftKey keyboard!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well. . . I can't argue with that. After all I chose/choose the iPhone over Android for similar reasons. :)

I keep a Nexus 7 around just to keep an eye on Android, and because it was on sale.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well. . . I can't argue with that. After all I chose/choose the iPhone over Android for similar reasons. :)

I keep a Nexus 7 around just to keep an eye on Android, and because it was on sale.

My friend had a SGS3. She loved it. She sometimes ask me to fix some stuff at it when she got some problems. I borrowed it for a while. I was extremely impressed. No lag. Not a single frame lag. Buttons are very responsive.

She considered upgrading to the SGS4 a day after buying the SGS3. Big mistake.

So basically I see more lag. Buttons are very unresponsive. Top it all of. The SGS3 is better. About the size, well I had a hard time having a grip at it. I guess I see why a lot of people hate android. But I guess for me I don't see any problems with the smaller android phones.

I still like android though because of flexibility, widgets, and all that. I still prefer Jailbreak iOS though. I really, just really find Jailbreak iOS less prone to malware than android.

I was thinking about getting a iPhone though. I think that I don't need it. Since no ones text to me anyways. Plus I always end up atmt iPad checking stuff, I can't explain why, its just my nature.

Most reactions

Latest posts