What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Will Have FaceTime and Photo Booth Built In

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Photo_Booth.JPG

At the iPad 2 launch today Scott Forstall introduced two apps that will be pre-installed on the iPad 2, in order to take advantage of the new front- and back-facing video cameras. Both apps have been previously available on other Apple devices, of course, but it’s the first time that they’ve been on iPad (well it would have been silly to have them on there without cameras, I guess!)

First up, Photo Booth, which lets you apply fun visual effects, including eight photo special effects, such as Squeeze, Twirl and Kaleidoscope, to photos captured by either of the iPad 2’s two cameras. When demoing the software during the launch, Forstall said that such is the power of the iPad 2, he was able to show nine live video streams at once on the big screen.

FaceTime is the second app, of course, which will be very familiar to owners of other Apple devices. The iPad 2’s front and rear cameras will enable you to make FaceTime calls to millions of iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPod touch and Mac users via a Wi-Fi connection.

Source: Live from Apple's iPad 2 event (update: it's over!) -- Engadget, Apple

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They should make facetime work on ipad1 also. It would be like the new update for skype. I can video chat but only see the other person. They cant see u. But u can see n talk with other person still. Its better thn no capability at all. Can u facetime or video chat with another person, lets say if they have android, with fring or whatever? Yahoo video chat? I hope skype and frimg updates to allow video chat on new ipad2. Dont get rid of the videomchat for ipad1 though. Its really cool n works well as long as u habe a decent connection. Skype adjusts the experience based on network speeds u habe so should work regardless.

Most reactions

Latest posts