What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini love? Yay or Nay?

doublesixes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mini is great. Gaming is a joy, compared to a Tegra 2 tab and recently started using some Autodesk productivity tools that make the iPad mini really shine. l'm impressed with the level of 3d performance of this small device. Would be nice to have HDMI out and a SD card slot though. The frame is just too slick, making it very hard to operate without the protective case. A rubberized material would have been more convenient.

Devynquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought ipad 4 and mini on release day and I never use the mini at all. My ipad 4 is used daily, but I have no use for an in between size since I never travel. :(

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So why buy it?

To much money by the looks of it lol

Well you need that moolah to be a collector of electronic stuff. There seem to be, only a few, on this forum, but that need not concern us. They keep an eye out. They are right up with it. They read and ponder about the new stuff just in. They are onto all the new stuff actual and rumoured forever "kicking the tyres" of anything on the shelves that has finally appeared after reading the lengthy rumours. There are apparently instances where they have so much stuff they need to keep all that stuff purchased, new and old, in more than one house, yet they are seemingly adept at being able to use all that stuff pretty much at the same time. They can talk brand loyalty and just as easily indicate they could jump ship, depending on the new stuff that comes along.

But what does it matter if someone feels the need for more than one iPad? It's none of our business. That should have no bearing on the enjoyment of ours. I'm enjoying mine. I hope you are enjoying yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devynquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OneZeoN said:
So why buy it?

To much money by the looks of it lol

Just for the hell of it, lol. That and I have too much time to play with electronic toys. I'm already looking for my next tech conquest.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Devynquinn said:
Just for the hell of it, lol. That and I have too much time to play with electronic toys. I'm already looking for my next tech conquest.

That's the great thing about modern technology, there's always something different and new to pique our interest.:)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

For me, toys help to make (and ensure) that work is play....

timmyl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
amylyn1970 said:
I'll just say that I love everything about it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly as above

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought ipad 4 and mini on release day and I never use the mini at all. My ipad 4 is used daily, but I have no use for an in between size since I never travel. :(
I also have an ipad 4 and a Mini. The ipad 4 gets used at home for the most part, and the Mini goes in my purse and gets used while out of the house. I do sometimes use the Mini at home too though.

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted too add that I had an iPad 4 and mainly was wanting to just play games and web browse. I couldn't play games for much longer than like 30 minutes at a time with the heavy iPad 4. It is big,bulky, and heavy no matter which way you slice it. I wasn't enjoying playing the great games much at all as my arms neck and would quickly be tightening up all the time. I purchased the mini and have never looked back. Its a joy to use for gaming. Its like the perfect gaming device to me. It will be even more perfect with retina display and maybe the same A6x as iPad 4.

Devynquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Toyeboy said:
I just wanted too add that I had an iPad 4 and mainly was wanting to just play games and web browse. I couldn't play games for much longer than like 30 minutes at a time with the heavy iPad 4. It is big,bulky, and heavy no matter which way you slice it. I wasn't enjoying playing the great games much at all as my arms neck and would quickly be tightening up all the time. I purchased the mini and have never looked back. Its a joy to use for gaming. Its like the perfect gaming device to me. It will be even more perfect with retina display and maybe the same A6x as iPad 4.

I am not a gamer, but I suppose that would make a smaller ipad more user friendly. I mostly watch movies on Netflix, and have a stand.

Landshark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought 2 iPad Mini's for my sons for xmas, have to say that I really like them too. I personally use an iPad-2, but really like the size of the Mini. When a new Mini model comes out in the Sping, if it has Retina, I'll definietly pick up one and give my wife my iPad-2 and sell her iPad-1.

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought 2 iPad Mini's for my sons for xmas, have to say that I really like them too. I personally use an iPad-2, but really like the size of the Mini. When a new Mini model comes out in the Sping, if it has Retina, I'll definietly pick up one and give my wife my iPad-2 and sell her iPad-1.

Yeah I'll be selling my iPad mini and getting the retina when it comes out,then it'll be perfect

xTyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Toyeboy said:
Yeah I'll be selling my iPad mini and getting the retina when it comes out,then it'll be perfect

For what reason just cause of retina haha your funny cause they will have another ipad mini 3 rolling around in a few months after mini 2 so id wait . Thats the only improvement

Most reactions

Latest posts