What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad screen just went dark

dwhill3008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad is less than a month old. was reading screen and it went black with no warning. it was fully charged and also would not respond to attaching to computer. the on/off button does not respond either

any thoughts beyond "its broken"?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a soft-reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

starstruck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same prob. My screen went dark. I did the reboot as stated and it came back but many apps are gone. What do I do about that? The restore did not restore all. :(

Gromit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a soft-reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

Dude! Thanks much! Just happened to me - screen was black and couldn't get anything going. Tried syncing it and charging it - no go. I checked this site out on my laptop. This is the first thread that looked promising, and I was rewarded.

Long time lurker - first time poster. You all are great. Love the forum.

- john

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts