What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD Troubles

inthburks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this site, but have had IPad about 6 months. Am having lots of issues to the point of almost giving up on it and selling it. Most recent for acouple of weeks, google search bar goes blank almost every time I type into it. Bing works! so I set safari preferences to use Bing, but it still uses google, even after I've typed in a phrase on Bing gone to a site on bing, it will revert back to google search. Now tonite it took me to results on Bing, I clicked on a site and it took me to a Yahoo search page.
Second problem for about a month now can't download apps. It says to connect to yoour computer and go to ITunes on your computer. sometimes it says app has loaded but won't be available til you go to ITunes on your computer.
Third, lots of problems using Netflix, which is what I got this for. Can't access queu, can't manage queu, takes nine or ten attempts to get anythhing to happen, and Always drops toward tthe end of the movie. Then 8 have to go back thru all the steps to bring up the same movie or show again. Lots of freezing up online. if any of youfolks have suggestions for even one of these
problems I would be thrilled! Oh, and Im using Airport Extreme with latest software version.
Thanks for anyhelp you can offer.
inthburks

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
inthburks said:
Hi I am new to this site, but have had IPad about 6 months. Am having lots of issues to the point of almost giving up on it and selling it. Most recent for acouple of weeks, google search bar goes blank almost every time I type into it. Bing works! so I set safari preferences to use Bing, but it still uses google, even after I've typed in a phrase on Bing gone to a site on bing, it will revert back to google search. Now tonite it took me to results on Bing, I clicked on a site and it took me to a Yahoo search page.
Second problem for about a month now can't download apps. It says to connect to yoour computer and go to ITunes on your computer. sometimes it says app has loaded but won't be available til you go to ITunes on your computer.
Third, lots of problems using Netflix, which is what I got this for. Can't access queu, can't manage queu, takes nine or ten attempts to get anythhing to happen, and Always drops toward tthe end of the movie. Then 8 have to go back thru all the steps to bring up the same movie or show again. Lots of freezing up online. if any of youfolks have suggestions for even one of these
problems I would be thrilled! Oh, and Im using Airport Extreme with latest software version.
Thanks for anyhelp you can offer.
inthburks

1st problem ~ Perhaps rebooting the ipad is in order....maybe even a restore?

2nd problem ~ depending if your trying to download while on 3g...apps over 20mb won't download via 3g....you have to download on iTunes then sync up with ipad. Jb will solve that though.

3rd problem ~ perhaps deleting app and re-install? Or maybe conflicts with router.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

iamdf1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - I have only had trouble downloading apps when I first started using the IPAD. Turned out my Itunes account was not set up correctly. Also, I use only WIFI connections so don't connect via the PC. Make sure your credit card, etc. account is setup ok. Once done, you should be able to browse on the IPAD, select an appl and before it starts to download, it asks for your password that you defined on the ITUNES account.

OP
I

inthburks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the info.. So you only use your Ipad and WiFi, no computer? I have IPad 1 WI FI 64. Apps seem to be working since I reset network and turned genius on. Heard that on apple support discussions.

OP
I

inthburks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope this doesnt do a duplicate reply; I started this reply to you earlier but cant locate it now. really appreciate the reply. have been doing reset once or twice a night ( reboot is press power and home simultaneously, right?). After I posted on here I reset the network, which I hadn't tried for a while. that seems to have fixed for most part tho google drops once for every attempt to search. Glad to know about the 20 mb limit on WI FI!
Can you tell me what you mean by router conflict? Im on airport , but when I view connections can sometimes view my neighbor's network ( not join just that its there.)

Will read JB stuff. -All new to me. Thanks again. So Glad to have found this forum I like it a lot already!

Most reactions

Latest posts