What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little tip for iPad readers

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was new to 'digital reading' until my iPad. And was quite sad that some of my favourite books were not available to purchase, eg Harry potter!

If you download a free app called 'kobo'
Then google the name of the book you are looking for with 'pdf' after the title,
Then click to open the PDF file in kobo. It makes the PDF file look exactly like a book with animated page turns.

I assume this is legal to do if you actually own a hard copy of the book.

Now I can read Harry potter on my iPad :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a gentle word of warning here. The iPad Forum does not condone any form of illegal activity nor will it tolerate any discussions about illegal activities. The moderators will be keeping a close eye on this and will not hesitate to delete this thread should it develop in that direction

Tim
Scotland

OP
M

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's fair enough, I'm pretty sure it is legal to do if you already own the book.
The same as playing a ROM on your computer if you already own the game.
However if this is not the case then feel free to remove this post, I don't want to break the rules! I was merely suggesting a solution to people who want to read books they might own, but are not available to purchase online.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not a problem; I'm not a legal expert but experience has taught me these threads can 'take on a life of their own' far from what was originally intended. So it was a gentle and polite warning to follow-up posters.

One of the other problems an international forum like iPad Forum has is that the law on, say, copyright may be different in different countries making it even more difficult....

But thankyou for taking my post in the spirit in which it was meant. Welcome to the Forum - we actively encourage the widest possible discussion. We're all iPad enthusiasts here and love discussing our iPads.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts