What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for app to run my forms with macro's

brokersteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm very new to Apple. Just bought my first iPad. At work, I use a Microsoft Word document that has macros. Even with the macros disabled I cannot find an app that allows me to even open it, much less use it. I have tried three or four different apps (free) with no luck. The iPad would be excellent for me to use this with since I do property inspections and is much handier than using a notebook. The form has a lot of drop downs, check boxes and text boxes. I understand that Microsoft 365 may be coming out soon that may work, but does anyone know of anything that may work now? I also use PDF forms with similar options (drop downs, etc.). I'm certainly not opposed to buying an app if it does what I need, but I don't want to waste my money if it will not work. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but my search results showed nothing. Any help would be great.

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried the cloudbased app "CloudOn" but it does not work with macros. Then I tried another cloudbased app "OnliveDesktop" and found out that macros will work. I only made the test using a powerpoint file with macros.

ymalveaux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried the cloudbased app "CloudOn" but it does not work with macros. Then I tried another cloudbased app "OnliveDesktop" and found out that macros will work. I only made the test using a powerpoint file with macros.

Are you happy with OnliveDesktop?

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm more than happy using Microsoft's program in my laptop or Desktop PC. However, if circumstances so dictate, at least I have the option of using my ipad to work on docs created by the Office suite without conversion through OnLiveDesktop. There are other programs available but I have not made the test and I'm not sure if macros will work in them.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are several forms based apps at a reasonable price. Many include drop downs, check boxes etc. Try searching for "forms" in the App Store.

Most reactions

Latest posts