What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Spokane Trip

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Discworld exhibit at this year's Worldcon, in honour of the late Sir Terry Pratchett.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now, I've been to the Seattle-Victoria-Vancouver area 3-4 times, but never to the eastern part of Washington State - after a trip to Oregon years ago (in part to visit the wineries and drink Pinot Noir), I wanted to fly into Spokane, rent a car, and then head southwest to some of the main wine growing areas of the state and the adjacent Columbia River valley - nearly all of the wine made in Washington comes from those southeastern portions of the state (as shown on the map) - just too wet & cool west of the Cascade Mountains, although a GREAT area to visit!

Hope that you have a great time and if you are an enophile, then try some of the smaller brand wines which receive excellent reviews but almost never reach me in North Carolina - Columbia Crest & Ch. Ste. Michelle are the majority shippers to my area of the east coast. Dave :)
View attachment 66612

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like some of the flights we have to take around this part of the country - so, you have to fly to the western edge of Washington and then back to the eastern border of the state - if we need to take two planes or more, the first stop is typically south of us in Charlotte or even Atlanta, then next plane north - we're visiting our son in Indianapolis in October and will be driving w/ overnight stops in the Frankfurt & Lexington, KT towns rather that a 2-plane nearly all day trip in the air. :) Dave
Ain't that the truth . Get this Dave . The last trip (12 /20/14) I took to Birmingham, I left
Logan international, to Charlotte, Douglass. Then to Hartsfeild in Atlanta , then a 45 min to Bham . After you add the delays , layover , and the damn headache . My luggage was already there . Huhuhaha unbelievable . So I sympathize with you . On top of that I got seated behind a 7 foot tall man who obviously is going to stretch his chair back . Sat in a window seat which is fine but the woman next to me in the middle seat was very talkative but she was polite and I forgave her . Here is the kicker it was the longest flight that all this occurred on . Oh no it couldn't be the 45 min one ,or the little hop skip and jump to Atlanta from Charlotte. It was the 3.5 hr one from Boston . Huhuha. So I found the best seat on the plane .........and that was the bathroom ......... Odd though , when you don't let some one in after a while you get a flight attendant visit .........
I open the door and say just a coke and peanuts is fine wth me ........turn , close door ,then sit and slide the sign over to .....OCCUPIED .....( wished I had an add on sign that were in hour increments according to flight time remaining )

Would then read " Occupied ...................FOR ANOTHER 2.5 HRS . Sit down " huhuhuh

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pretty cool , pretty cool . Sci . I wonder if the spider is meant as a
representation of the infamous Black widow .
And we have them Alabama . They are everywhere .. And deadly.
I'm not sure but I think YALL do not have them in that far north .my brother and I use to catch them and use them for show and tell in 6 th grade . Needless to say that ended show and tell for me . Huhuha
We would put them in mason jars , ER I call them fruit jars, and bring them to show and tell . I got great marks for this but I could never just bring anything any more to show and tell. It had to be known before hand . Sorry I'm straying from subject , it's just that I really like the costume and they done a great job . All of them are unique and good.
I'm partial to the spider one though . Interesting though it may be,
The black widow kills the male after copulating and wraps him I n a cocoon for the young to eat after hatching ....yumm .
And was wondering how and what and why the spider costume .
I mean what is it from , a play , or some theatrical event as in the rabbit
Mad hatter in Alice in wonderland. Or Charlotte' s web . Any way looks you are having a great time and sorry so lengthy . Curiosity kills the cat !
Good thing cats have nine lives hungh ? And good thing black widows aren't huge too! huhuhaha

Most reactions

Latest posts