What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*new 2013 probem xxx*

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1nn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I jailbroke my iPad and everything has been running smoothly for about a week. I read about xxxx on the intertubes and thought I would give it a try (xxx). I downloaded it and got an error saying that it couldn't run, then I closed out of it. I then looked up, like 2 days ago, more on xxxx and saw that the repo xxx took down the app on dec 31 2012 and made it so it couldn't function. I jailbroke my phone years ago so I'm not a newb but I'm also not a code writer by any means.
I have cydelete so I thought 'hey it's not working, its been removed by the repo, I'll just delete it'. The problem is when I deleted it I then went into cydia to dl another tweak or somethin and I got that infamous dpkg error (1) saying that whatever I was downloading was trying to overwrite /applications/xxx.app/xxxx...

I've tried the renaming available to available-bak and so on and it didn't work. I also looked up my installed apps in cydia, xxx 5 appeared nowhere. I went into ifile and under applications and could not find xxx. I cannot find the xxxrepo in ifile.
Where is it hiding? I don't need the app or the repo so I just want to erase it so I can actually dl something again. How is cydia saying that it's trying to overwrite a non existent app in a non existent folder? The way I see it if it's not on ifile it's not on the iPad so what's the deal???????? Someone help me with this one cuz I can't find it anywhere else
Thanks

Moderator edit: removed references to cracking apps.

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sorry you are having problems, but the apps you are using and referring to in your post are for stealing apps, which is piracy. You will not be allowed to discuss these apps here. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts