What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nokia’s Here Maps App is, um, Here!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Nokia_here.JPG

We first heard news that it was on the way a few days back, and now AppleInsider reports that Nokia’s dedicated “Here†maps app has found its way to the App Store. The app is HTML5-based, and comes complete with offline capabilities. Also, and unlike Apple’s much-maligned (although some people actually quite like it, it must be said!) in-house iOS Maps app, Here also boasts voice-guided walking navigation and directions for public transport users.

“Maps are hard to get right,†Nokia’s Executive Vice President of Location & Commerce Michael Halbherr told AppleInsider, in possible a little dig at Apple. “But location is revolutionising how we use technology to engage with the real world. That’s why we have been investing and will continue to invest in building the world’s most powerful location offering, one that is unlike anything in the market today.â€

Nokia also said that future updates will be bringing 3D capabilities to the app.

Click here to download the free app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/here-maps/id577430143?mt=8

Source: Nokia's dedicated 'Here' maps app hits the iOS App Store

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No way I'd use a mapping system called "Here". I know where I am. I want to be "There", not "Here".

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No way I'd use a mapping system called "Here". I know where I am. I want to be "There", not "Here".

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Could've been worse. Might have been called "Where?" Lol.

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The pois and in general database is lacking compared to google maps...Nokia being huge here in India I thought they would have a much more comprehensive database in this country atleast comparable to google...well atleast they are not withholding any features here :D

Most reactions

Latest posts