What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd behaviour of Mail in iOS7?

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On two occasions I have gone in to Mail to find that one or more of my 12 POP accounts (never all of them and not the same ones each time) has suddenly seen fit to show all my emails in my Inbox, whether previously deleted or not.

I've just looked into one account which shows 2,500 "unread" emails in the Inbox, whereas I would expect to see around a dozen!

I can find no "Select All" option so that I can delete them all en masse and I do not relish the thought of tapping each and every single one of them to select it and then doing a mass delete.

Firstly, how can I delete the major part of an apparent Inbox without having to tap and select every single email and secondly, why on earth is it doing this?

Last edited:

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On two occasions I have gone in to Mail to find that one or more of my 12 POP accounts (never all of them and not the same ones each time) has suddenly seen fit to show all my emails in my Inbox, whether previously deleted or not.

I've just looked into one account which shows 2,500 "unread" emails in the Inbox, whereas I would expect to see around a dozen!

I can find no "Select All" option so that I can delete them all en masse and I do not relish the thought of tapping each and every single one of them to select it and then doing a mass delete.

Firstly, how can I delete the major part of an apparent Inbox without having to tap and select every single email and secondly, why on earth is it doing this?

Sorry. I didn't see your post when I made mine on the same issue. I don't understand why Apple just ignores its email app.

Most reactions

Latest posts