What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orange.co.uk poor customer service

manxtt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Orange.co.uk are [comment deleted - DM51] and will not refund a faulty IPAD2 even though the fault was reported to them within 14 days. Details of trading standards and sales of goods act welcome as orange don’t value their reputation or lack of it. 3 times their customer services has not called me back and passed the buck to Apple.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are near an Apple store try taking it into them, they have a good reputation for customer service........normally.

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, take it into an Apple store. Be polite and explain your situation. Tell them you've tried to get Orange to help, but they won't. They invariably help (usually with a direct replacement if there is a fault), and will probably tear a strip off Orange afterwards on your behalf...

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to IPF, manxtt :)

I completely sympathise with your predicament, however I have edited your thread title and post to remove some negative and defamatory material.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Orange.co.uk are [comment deleted - DM51] and will not refund a faulty IPAD2 even though the fault was reported to them within 14 days. Details of trading standards and sales of goods act welcome as orange don’t value their reputation or lack of it. 3 times their customer services has not called me back and passed the buck to Apple.com

Have a look through this 'Which?' guide that has some useful information and sets out what recourse you have and what action to take.

Understanding the Sale of Goods Act - Sale of goods - Which? Consumer Rights

Tim

Batpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
manxtt said:

Even though you bought the iPad from Orange, tahe the device to apple. They will dealnwith it as it is less than 12 months and they honor the warranty anyway. My wife is with orange and her iPhone developed a faulty button. She took it orange and exchanged no quibble

Sent from my iPad using iPF - The only stupid question is the one you don't ask

OP
M

manxtt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPAD 2 replacement by Apple in 1 hour after no success with Orange.co.uk after 3 mnth

I took the item back to Orange.co.uk and they said they their manager would not allow it being replaced even if faulty, but took me around the corner to Apple who kindly proved the fault existed and replaced it in the hour. It took me 3 months with Orange to get nowhere, and Apple eventually sorted it with a replacement in the hour. It cost me Ă‚ÂŁ52.00 in calls to Orange so far that I've not got back. It was the 2nd visit to Apple before the replacement, but all seems to be sorted. Whilst I was in the Apple restore they replaced lots of phones and Ipads after proving various faults, and people went home with new equipment and with a smile. I don't expect I will need to buy from Orange again, even Apple use Vodaphone 3G.

Most reactions

Latest posts