What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paste into the email app in iPadOS 15.2?

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just updated to iPadOS 15.2 and find that I can't paste images into the email app. Can anyone help?

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Lanny. I'm trying to paste in something that I have copied from another app using its copy button. (That app is called TeX.) I don't know the format, But my email app doesn't seem to even have a paste function. Maybe I just don't know how to activate it. I've been using a long press, which pops up various options, not of which are paste.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
TeX, if I’ve got the right app is a LaTex editor. This format (.tex) is used to generate math formulas and other difficult to layout text. It’s not supported in most email apps, and it is unlikely that Apple’s Mail app supports it. The Clipboard (Copy/Paste) only works when the content is supported in both apps.

If you need to share a non-editable version in email I recommend taking a screenshot andcropping it for details, or generating a pdf and sending that if you need to share an entire page or document.

If you need to send and editable version, then use the Attach File option in Mail. Since LaTex isn’t supported in Mail, it will just show an icon for the file.

It might be possible to copy and paste from the source code view, but the pasted result will be that code, not the result. Then again, Mail may not recognize it that way either. it all depend on how the Tex app IDs the content when it’s placed in the clipboard.

Most reactions

Latest posts