What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

please help with ipad blinking problem and not turning on

mhogard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1 that always worked perfectly. the screen is black and then the silver apple logo comes on, then goes away then the process repeats. The on and off button at the top seems to be pushed down and won't let me turn the iPad on or off. I am lost without this and so are my grandchildren.

Thanks in advance

mhogard

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Make sure your iPad battery has a charge. I let my battery get completely discharged once and had a completely black screen until I plugged it into the charger and it regained some battery power. Freaked me out for a few minutes, but it was fine as soon as it recharged.
Good luck!

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try doing a reset of the iPad. Here's the process:

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

If that doesn't solve the problem, I'm afraid that, given your description of a pressed in sleep button, that you'll need to take the iPad to the Apple store for them to look at it. It might be that you have a hardware problem that may be easily fixed by the Apple geniuses.

Sorry, but that's all the suggestions I can think of.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts