What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendation for PC USB port charging for iPad 2

PeggyKoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pic.shangfun.net.jpeg
This item does exactly it advertized. As we all know, iPads cannot charge via USB port on PC except Mac. The iPad has heftier charging requirements than iPods and iPhones and most USB ports don’t provide enough power to charge the iPad during use. But now I am able to charge my iPad 2 from my laptop’s USB port. Very well made. I would recommend to anyone who needs this type of device.

In addition, this SMALL gadget is a good device for my travel. I like to travel light and generally I would leave all my charging bricks at home. I just want to charge my devices from my Dell laptop. This PC USB port charger helps me lot.

Walt Cullop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you look at the specs it charges at 1 amp which is the top of line for usb from a pc. That is still kind of slow. The charger that comes with the ipad 3 is 2 amp and charges at 10 watts (5 volts). While this device is better than the straight USB that comes with the iPad is still half of the desired rate.

Most reactions

Latest posts