What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring music

hoopybunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy new year. I accidentally deleted my music icon on my iPad Pro, is there a way to restore it with playlists intact or do I have to manually add each song back into the playlists again. Many thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Honestly, i'm not sure.

I suspect that as long as the playlists are the new type, based on an Apple Music subscription they will just reappear normally once the app is in place. If you had them downloaded locally on the device, you my have to force that download again, but the list itself should be good.

Make sure Sync Library is turned on in Settings > Music

If they are older playlists/music dowloaded and synced using iTunes on a computer, you may lose stuff. I did when I gave up my iMac and went iPad only for a few years. It was mostly older music/playlists I had downloaded/created before the Apple Music service.

In the end it did not hurt much. Pretty much everything I had local was/is available in the subscription. I only had a handful of self created playlists, and recreated them with minimal fuss.

OP
H

hoopybunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly, i'm not sure.

I suspect that as long as the playlists are the new type, based on an Apple Music subscription they will just reappear normally once the app is in place. If you had them downloaded locally on the device, you my have to force that download again, but the list itself should be good.

Make sure Sync Library is turned on in Settings > Music

If they are older playlists/music dowloaded and synced using iTunes on a computer, you may lose stuff. I did when I gave up my iMac and went iPad only for a few years. It was mostly older music/playlists I had downloaded/created before the Apple Music service.

In the end it did not hurt much. Pretty much everything I had local was/is available in the subscription. I only had a handful of self created playlists, and recreated them with minimal fuss.
Thank you for your reply. My playlist titles were there..just empty. So I ended up reloading the songs and transferring them to my playlists. Again..many thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts