What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software differences

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone else disappointed that there is no software differences between the first iPad and the iPad 2? Besides face time is there any differences?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
what kind of software differences are you after or are expecting?

the iOS is the iOS.

other than game graphics enhancements like in Deadspace and Realracing and the camera apps there's nothing they can do.

OP
Ncaissie

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just expected more. I know there is the camera effects program and face time but I thought it might have some things included to show off the power. Maybe include iMovie and GarageBand. Or something else like a good game like Infinity Blade.
I like the hardware changes but it just feels more like an iPad 1.5 with out the software change. Maybe it should have came with iOS 5.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
nah, they've got to keep the iOS the same across the board. they wont start making one iOS for one device and another for another. the software is what it is. always will be. it's generally the hardware updates that show off the new systems.

there are significant software changes, in, as for example, Infinity Blade. thats been ipad2 optimised.

subtle, but there all the same.

OP
Ncaissie

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iphone 4 came with iOS 4.
The iOS 4 on my Iphone 3Gs is different from the one on the iPhone 4. I don't have Retina support for one and I also don't have a wi-fi tether option.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ipad2 was only launched 4 weeks ago. It will take a while for developers to ship fully optimized software apps. My Mac Pro is a year old and software that actually utilizes the power of the computer (64-bit, all my ram, all my cores) is just now coming out.

Real Racer seems to be the first software designed for the graphics chips, extra ram, faster dual core processor and 1080p widescreen capabilities of the iPad 2. It's due to launch any time now.

OP
Ncaissie

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
The ipad2 was only launched 4 weeks ago. It will take a while for developers to ship fully optimized software apps. My Mac Pro is a year old and software that actually utilizes the power of the computer (64-bit, all my ram, all my cores) is just now coming out.

Real Racer seems to be the first software designed for the graphics chips, extra ram, faster dual core processor and 1080p widescreen capabilities of the iPad 2. It's due to launch any time now.

I'm talking about from apple. I'm sure they had the iPad two more than 4 weeks.
The iPhone 4 shipped with iOS 4 I believe.

64GB 3G White iPad

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Photobooth is obviously an iPad 2 app....no doubt apple will release apps that will be optimized soon.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:

I'm talking about from apple. I'm sure they had the iPad two more than 4 weeks.
The iPhone 4 shipped with iOS 4 I believe.

64GB 3G White iPad

Apple makes iMovie. It's sold to work only on the iPad 2. Apple makes GarageBand. If you try to use all tracks it only works well on the iPad 2. Both apps were launched with the new iPad.

Apple only make a handful of apps, even for their desktops. The rest is up to the other software developers.

OP
Ncaissie

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
Apple only make a handful of apps, even for their desktops. The rest is up to the other software developers.
not the impression I get from their commercials. Or are you talking about iOS?

64GB 3G White iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts