What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Student Calendar

GLB110460

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased an iPad 2 for my autistic 14-yr old son, and I am looking for a calendar app that would allow me to set up the time slots based on the class schedule times. Any suggestions?

MrMike6by9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Consider setting up Google accounts for you two. With an account you can each have a shared Google calendar or separate calendars as appropriate. We have separate calendars in our family wherein we can schedule our own events such as medical appointments that invites another family member to attend. With separate calendar accounts, you can hide or view events from other consenting users. The google calendar allow for repeat events as well as for various types of pre-alerts. We have a special needs young adult for whom we've setup calendars. We also use the reminder app NotifyMe rather successfully.
YMMV

Last edited:
OP
G

GLB110460

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike. What I am looking for is an app that can set up the days using the school class times. So, the first period would start at 7:55AM, 2nd period would start at 8:25, etc., instead of entering the assignments on the "nearest hour" to when the class begins.

Consider setting up Google accounts for you two. With an account you can each have a shared Google calendar or separate calendars as appropriate. We have separate calendars in our family wherein we can schedule our own events such as medical appointments that invites another family member to attend. With separate calendar accounts, you can hide or view events from other consenting users. The google calendar allow for repeat events as well as for various types of pre-alerts. We have a special needs young adult for whom we've setup calendars. We also use the reminder app NotifyMe rather successfully.
YMMV

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there some reason the default Calendar app won't work for you? It certainly takes a bit of work initially (although the google calendar suggestion above can help there) but unless I misunderstood what you're trying to do it should do what you want.

MrMike6by9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GLB110460 said:
Thanks, Mike. What I am looking for is an app that can set up the days using the school class times. So, the first period would start at 7:55AM, 2nd period would start at 8:25, etc., instead of entering the assignments on the "nearest hour" to when the class begins.

Our family uses the universal Calengoo app as the front-end to Google calendar. This app has many customization options but by default (at least that's my setting) I can schedule events to the minute.
YMMV

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have The stock calendar app, which it's pretty neat, you take a look at iStudiez Pro.. maybe it's what you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts