What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Jailbreak iPad2 4.3.3 with JBME 3.0

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForums.net Tutorial on Jailbreaking the iPad2 with JBME 3.0 (jailbreakme.com)

Whilst this tutorial was written with iPad2 users in mind, it is perfectly suitable for iPad1 users as well, provided you are running a supported firmware version for the JBME 3.0! Check out our sticky here for more information - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

Jailbreak Preparation.
In order to jailbreak your iPad2 using this method it must be on IOS version 4.3.3. No other version of the operating system is supported by JBME 3.0 at the time or writing.

Lets Jailbreak!
JBME 3.0 is a userland jailbreak which makes it one of the easiest and most straight forward methods available. This ease of use comes at a price, being that Apple can easily patch the exploit and prevent future IOS firmwares from being jailbroken in the same way. So chances are this method will not remain relevant for very long...

If you have completed the preparation and your iPad2 is at IOS Version 4.3.3 we can get started on the jailbreak process...
1. On your iPad, launch Safari and visit jailbreakme.com. You will be presented with a screen as follows:

3aed78cb.jpg

2. Click the "FREE" button below the Cydia icon just as though you were in the Apple App Store. It will change to an "INSTALL" button.

7d0bc85d.jpg

3. Click the "INSTALL" button and Safari should crash and you will be taken back to the springboard where Cydia should begin loading onto your device just as though it was being installed via the App Store.

49b4cdc4.jpg

That's it! You are jailbroken. Wasn't that easy?
Congratulations!
Now launch Cydia and start exploring the brave new world. Make sure you review our stickies, in particular the Ultimate List of Jailbreaking Apps to get you started...

rst_10.png

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Well ~ this sounds so easy even I could do it! But I don't need it as I am already JB.
Right?

Really easy Marie, the easiest yet, but you are right. You learned to redsn0w like a professional! You don't need to worry about this.
But maybe we can convince Tim to give it a go? ;)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I only have iOS4.2 because I'm too scared to connect my iPad to my PC and iTunes...:D

Tim

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
But I only have iOS4.2 because I'm too scared to connect my iPad to my PC and iTunes...:D

Tim

Darn, I thought you kept it up to date Tim.

Good news (off-topic), I installed 5.0b3 on my iPad1 last night and did a complete restore from iCloud without a single connection to the PC. Amazing. 5.0 will be right up your street Tim, provided you can pluck up the courage to install it of course! ;)

marquez_85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One question: i have an iPad 1 and in order to jailbreak it this method, do I need to do a backup if a need unjailbreak my device?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While you don't really need to do a back-up, it's always a good idea to do so. I find it's a comfort knowing I've got something to go back to, should I ever need it.

Of course, doing backups on a regular basis is never a bad idea, even if you're not going to jail break your iPad...

Good luck.

Marilyn

misbubbles93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jus got my iPad and I want to jb it but I'm not sure what happens after I do. And if I update my iPad after I jb it does it just stopnworking?

H

hazi1610

Ok, so I decided to jailbreak but didn't do a back up, I know, silly but never mind.

Nothing went wrong but I would like to know how To UNjailbreak.

Been trying to find out but can't find what I am looking for so hopefully this is the right place to ask.

A friend has told me all I need to do is hook up to iTunes on. My computer and do a restore. However, I did a lot of searches and came up with various things that confused me, like SSHS, blobs, and various other things that make it sound as though it's not quite as straighforward as my friend has said.

I would like to have it confirmed before I attempt to remove the jailbreak as I wouldn't want to brick my lovely iPad 2.

If it helps, I am on iPad 2, wifi only and 4.3.3

Many thanks in advance.

From Alison, Sent from my iPad using iPF

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I decided to jailbreak but didn't do a back up, I know, silly but never mind.

Nothing went wrong but I would like to know how To UNjailbreak.

A friend has told me all I need to do is hook up to iTunes on. My computer and do a restore.

I would like to have it confirmed before I attempt to remove the jailbreak as I wouldn't want to brick my lovely iPad 2.

if i was you, i wouldn't worry about it being jailboken, it should still work as though it isn't, as they fixed it with 4.3.4, with no possible jailbreaks for the future(who knows), this way you are guaranteed.

saving your shsh blobs with a simple program called tiny umbrella, can almost guarantee restoring your ipad to 4.3.3, even if you upgraded to say 7.1.5 or 5.0.0, or whats available now 4.3.4, but you should try and restore back to 4.3.3 fast since apple should still be signing it(hurry), you don't need 4.3.4 as it doesn't add anything but stop the jailbreakme for ipad2 and untethered jailbreaks..... anyways by selecting save shsh blobs in tiny umbrella, whilst your ipad is connected and you see it in a dropdown menu just like itunes, let it save and you should see a list of maybe 2-4 firmwares.

shsh blobs is a tricky way of fooling itunes that apple signed your 4.3.3 firmware, although apple closed that window of signing.

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
That's it! You are jailbroken. Wasn't that easy?
Congratulations!

Thanks for this. It brings me a step closer to getting into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Esha18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:

Does jail breaking cause harm to the iPad, I mean like during the process. Because I'm really scared if something goes wrong

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
info said:

Does jail breaking cause harm to the iPad, I mean like during the process. Because I'm really scared if something goes wrong

I'm going to defer to the people that know about this. I am not a jailbreaker yet and have similar concerns. :)

jblennon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jb my iPad 2 as soon as I got it and haven't experienced any problems whatsoever!!

And being able to access everything that Cydia has to offer is simply awesome and I would recommend it to anyone

And with jailbreakme 3.0 it really couldn't be easier!!

Last edited:
H

hazi1610

Poser said:
if i was you, i wouldn't worry about it being jailboken, it should still work as though it isn't, as they fixed it with 4.3.4, with no possible jailbreaks for the future(who knows), this way you are guaranteed.

saving your shsh blobs with a simple program called tiny umbrella, can almost guarantee restoring your ipad to 4.3.3, even if you upgraded to say 7.1.5 or 5.0.0, or whats available now 4.3.4, but you should try and restore back to 4.3.3 fast since apple should still be signing it(hurry), you don't need 4.3.4 as it doesn't add anything but stop the jailbreakme for ipad2 and untethered jailbreaks..... anyways by selecting save shsh blobs in tiny umbrella, whilst your ipad is connected and you see it in a dropdown menu just like itunes, let it save and you should see a list of maybe 2-4 firmwares.

shsh blobs is a tricky way of fooling itunes that apple signed your 4.3.3 firmware, although apple closed that window of signing.

Ha, I restored and updated to 4.3.4. I'm really not that bothered about jailbreak and did notice it was slower after applying it. Not that drastically but enough for me to want it back to how it was. Lol.

Thanks for the reply though, much appreciated.

From Alison, Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts