What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Use TinyCFW to restore 4.3.3 on iPad2 3G with saved SHSH Blobs

landyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Had to do a restore on my 64gb 3G as pad got locked into safe mode so trying to down grade ,missing the jailbreak the iPad is so dull without it.

Have tried the above method to restore back to 4.33 but having no success .
When I download the restore software I can not see the IPSW file .
Am I missing something in the tutorial .
Have blobs saved,updated Java to 64 bit.

Steve B

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...When I download the restore software I can not see the IPSW file .

Are you trying to download the IPSW file with Windows Internet Explorer? If yes, there's your problem. IE downloads the IPSW as a .zip file (don't know why). So, either change that .zip file to .IPSW (just edit the extension via Windows Explorer) or use a different browser so the file will download with the .IPSW extension automatically. Whatever you do, if it's a .zip file, don't unzip it - just change the extension.

Hope this helps (and is your problem). Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

landyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Micky

That was the problem now downloading via Firefox and already I can see it as an IPSW file.
Will post later after download 35 mins to go.

Thanks again

Steve B

landyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

A little update have got the correct IPSW file but having problems with save target IPSW .I get this far then nothing have left it for some time but just sits there any ideas folks.

Steve B

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I may repeat - you are downloading the IPSW file from our link here (http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html)?

I am not sure I understand your problem. If you click on the 4.3.3 firmware link (under iPad1 at the top), in Firefox, you should get a pop up window with the option to "Open with iTunes (default)" or "Save File." If you press Save File, a Windows Explorer window should open with this name - iPad1,1_4.3.3_8J3_Restore.ipsw - already in the File Name block. Browse (in the left window of Windows Explorer) to where you want the file to be saved (I usually put mine on the desktop) and select the Save button. It should download.

If this is what you are doing, can you explain more about your "save target IPSW" problem? Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

A little update have got the correct IPSW file but having problems with save target IPSW .I get this far then nothing have left it for some time but just sits there any ideas folks.

Steve B

You definitely have 64bit JVM Version 7, update 2, AND you have created the correct environment variables, yes? When it hangs at that stage it indicates java does not have enough memory to process the file properly, which points to not getting the environment variables right. Double check them.

landyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for help .
Yes I did have Java 64bit and plenty of memory and downloaded ipsw from link in tutorial but was still getting it to hang on target ipsw
So after many many attempts done a little Google search and found a site where the ipsw was already converted so a quick download and put into DFU mode it all went ok so now back on 4.33 and re jail broke .
Not sure if it was the right way to go but it worked for me.
Still not sure what my problem was.

Thanks Steve B

Merk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am stuck too landyman, tried everything in this post and others. Now running 64 bit Java 7U2 and the cfw gets stuck running for over an hour with no result. And I have disabled anti-virus just in case, still no help. I am starting to crack ...

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For those still having problems with Windows7 64Bit using JRE 64Bit Version 7 Update 2, try using the TinyCFW jar file and NOT the exe file available from - The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

I have just tested it once again with this setup and it works flawlessly for me (4GB RAM installed)

Merk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks f4780y but what do you do with a "jar" file ? When i extract it I get a couple folders but no exe or application to run ?

EDIT ... I have tried this and it doesnt work. When I right click on the .jar there is an option to open with Java (tm) Platform SE Binary ... that does nothing at all it seems.

Last edited:

2gsnos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you oh so much!

i thought i was in trouble for a minute, till I came here and read this. Now I'm re-jailbroken after encountering the spinning wheel boot problem just last night. Thanks again!

ds1straightup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hai guy... i have download IPSW iOS4.3.3 baseband 04.11.08 and it work for my ipad2 3g wifi.. you all can download here -
i hope this can help you all

Been trying this all day only just found out that cydia did in fact have my blobs after 4 months thinking otherwise. Please send me that IPSW . After following all instructions to the T haven't been able to create my own (so ANNOYING aaarrgggghhh!!!)

Although one thing it could be down to is the fact that I'm using 32bit windows 7. Jus thought I'd add that for others having the same problem as me who also have the same specs.

:)

icedzed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, i'm trying from yesterday to downgrade my ipad from 5.1.1 to 4.3.3 but i stil get error 09 =( i try the with 4 different usb from pc and from a mac, same error.. what can i do?

Most reactions

Latest posts