What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US iPad Air Cellular - works with any carrier in Germany?

jan234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I have bought an iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular in an Apple store for $629. Even though I have no contract, I had to choose between at&t, Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint. I have chosen the at&t version but I am not going to activate it with at&t. Can I use this iPad with any mobile carrier in Germany?

Regards
Jan

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Supposedly, the answer is yes. You buy with a carrier so you the a proper SIM card in the device. But the new iPads have antennas and electronics to make the world devices, which is supposed to mean you can go anywhere in the world and all you need to do is install the right SIM card and get an account with the carrier of your choice. That's the claim. Your mileage may vary....I'm just telling you what I've read as I just got one today and have not tested this feature.

Most reactions

Latest posts