What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wireless keyboard

bcardin6969

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a wireless keyboard from a friend and need to change the name HELP please thanks

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you mean, please be more specific. Do you mean the name that shows up in bluetooth when you connect, because as far as I know It's not possible unless the others know something. Anyway, welcome to the iPad forums!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a wireless keyboard from a friend and need to change the name HELP please thanks

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Regarding your question, I agree with biobunny - it's not normally possible (or, at least, easy) for non-computing devices. i.e. you can change the Bluetooth name of your PC (if it has Bluetooth) but I'm not aware of a way you can change the name of a keyboard. However, I wonder why you want to do this? Is it simply a 'pairing' problem? i.e. the keyboard still thinks it's connected (paired) to your friend's computer? If so, that's an easier problem to solve! If you let us know the make and model of your keyboard, then we can tell you how to reset the pairing and then re-pair it with your iPad.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

OP
B

bcardin6969

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry when you hook up to the iPad it says toms keyboard just trying to change that to my name

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry when you hook up to the iPad it says toms keyboard just trying to change that to my name

OK - I don't think this can be done from the iPad. But you can do this from a PC, if you have access to one. If you unpair your keyboard from your iPad and pair it with your PC, then in the PC's Control Panel you have access to Bluetooth peripherals and you can change the name there.

Then you'll have to un-pair the keyboard from the PC and pair it again with the iPad.

If you need more detailed instructions as to how to change the name on the PC let us know - PC or Mac and what version of the PC/Mac operating system do you have.

Hope this works out OK - don't hesitate to get back in touch if you need to.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts