What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.1 update

riturajsharma19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now its up to you whether to update or not. Be sure to tell us your decision!

Thanks. However, my query was more on the overall performance of 7.1. Does it feel as slick as ios 6.1.3 did, or are there still some of the stutters and lags that most users had reported to being present on ios 7.0?

Last edited:

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. However, my query was more on the overall performance of 7.1. Does it feel as slick as ios 6.1.3 did, or are there still some of the stutters and lags that most users had reported to being present on ios 7.0?

iOS 7.1 has got rid of most of the lags experienced on older versions of iOS 7.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I downloaded update 7.1 yesterday and have been unable to get online with my wifi since. I am now on my windows desktop - in desperation.

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Did you do a restart or reset after the update? Always a good idea.

Restart - Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

If those steps don't fix it have a look here, in particular Twerppoet's great post
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/118558-dropping-wi-fi-connection.html

Check to see if there are any updates for your router also.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So far since doing the update i haven't had any more crashes, Hope i didn't just jinx it :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So far since doing the update i haven't had any more crashes, Hope i didn't just jinx it :)

Lol! I hope so too! ;)

I was crashing back to the Apple logo every few days, that hasn't happened yet but it's early days still.

But it feels different regardless, more seamless for me when switching apps! :)

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol! I hope so too! ;)

I was crashing back to the Apple logo every few days, that hasn't happened yet but it's early days still.

Never had problems with it whatsoever.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol! I hope so too! ;)

Fingers crossed that the update has done the trick, As you say its early day yet.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems like iOS 7.1 has made my iPad's battery life last longer. Not really show by how many but tomorrow gonna test it out. iOS 7.1 made my iPad faster.

riturajsharma19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My update size is 1.4gb. I tried downloading it through iTunes but the download failed midway. It just doesn't allow me to pause and resume the download. If I download the update from my iPad, will it allow me to pause it in case my wifi throws up issues?
Can't tell you how frustrating it is to watch a failed download when it's almost done! :rolleyes:

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My update size is 1.4gb. I tried downloading it through iTunes but the download failed midway. It just doesn't allow me to pause and resume the download. If I download the update from my iPad, will it allow me to pause it in case my wifi throws up issues?
Can't tell you how frustrating it is to watch a failed download when it's almost done! :rolleyes:

Its frustating when it takes 5-7 hours to download it. That is hiw bad my wi-fi is. How long does your download take?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My update size is 1.4gb. I tried downloading it through iTunes but the download failed midway. It just doesn't allow me to pause and resume the download. If I download the update from my iPad, will it allow me to pause it in case my wifi throws up issues? Can't tell you how frustrating it is to watch a failed download when it's almost done! :rolleyes:
Afaik there's no possibility to pause downloading the update.
You can choose to install it later, as soon as it's downloaded.

Most reactions

Latest posts