What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A1822, Blank Screen After Digitizer Repair

lindylex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I replaced the digitizer on my iPad 5th Generation , A1822. When I went to test before closing it up I noticed the screen was blank and would not display anything. I could see it was slightly dark blue so not completely black but it has back-light. After multiple soft resets and multiple hard reset nothing worked. I plugged it in and removed the power supply with no difference. I did this while attempting the various two types of resets.

I reinstalled the old hardware and was shocked when the screen turned on. I proceeded to uninstall the broken hardware and reinstalled the new digitizer. The same thing occurred nothing on the screen with the screen displaying the dark green. I assume this is the back light being turned on. Each time I made sure the battery was not connected to not cause any high amp damage.

A bit confused about what to do next.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I replaced the digitizer on my iPad 5th Generation , A1822. When I went to test before closing it up I noticed the screen was blank and would not display anything. I could see it was slightly dark blue so not completely black but it has back-light. After multiple soft resets and multiple hard reset nothing worked. I plugged it in and removed the power supply with no difference. I did this while attempting the various two types of resets.

I reinstalled the old hardware and was shocked when the screen turned on. I proceeded to uninstall the broken hardware and reinstalled the new digitizer. The same thing occurred nothing on the screen with the screen displaying the dark green. I assume this is the back light being turned on. Each time I made sure the battery was not connected to not cause any high amp damage.

A bit confused about what to do next.
Could there be a fault with the replacement digitizer?

OP
lindylex

lindylex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could there be a fault with the replacement digitizer?
This would be a nice conclusions but why would the LCD work once again before finally failing when I place the old digitizer back?

Most reactions

Latest posts