What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can connect to some, not others

newenglander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the deal: I will be online, say Yahoo. (example)., open another screen and get the response "safari cannot open the page because the internet connection was lost". I go back to the other open page or whatever page I
have open and the internet works fine. the page i'm trying to open worked fine
earlier.

Shut down the ipad and restart. same thing.

???

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your on WiFi, try unplugging your router/wifi for about 8 min, then plug it back in. If that doesn't work, try a different public DNS server such as Google at 8.8.8.8 in "Settings > General > Network > Wi-Fi > (your network name) >" tap blue arrow and then go down to "DNS" and tap the numbers on the right and change them to "8.8.8.8" without the quotes. This may be a little slower on large downloads, hundreds of mb size, but if it works it's tolerable. Your ISP may be slow or blocking some sites, so going to a public DNS might help.

Most reactions

Latest posts