What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forms / database app with dropbox sync

Pheiffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone suggest a database app with forms designer that allows mé to Sync data with other users though dropbox?

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Pheiffer said:
Hi,

Can anyone suggest a database app with forms designer that allows mé to Sync data with other users though dropbox?

Depends on the form/ database you want to use/ make. Depends on how you want to make the data available... depends on how you are connected when entering the data....
Have a look at CloudOn, which is (given a stable internet connection) Microsoft Office on a dropbox account (also on box and google drive).
If you need to work offline and just make available later on have a look at iAuditor.
Formconnect makes beautiful forms, too and gives you the ability to export to Dropbox.

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
P

Pheiffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I nede a Way to enable members to enter theire membership data when they attend activities in our spors club. The most controlled Way would be uslng a form - preffereble in a database app.

The reason why I would like to be alle to Sync with dropbox is because we need to use different iPads from time to time and not All of Them is connected to The internet at The time of dataentry.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TapForms might give you what you are looking for.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Pheiffer said:
I nede a Way to enable members to enter theire membership data when they attend activities in our spors club. The most controlled Way would be uslng a form - preffereble in a database app.

The reason why I would like to be alle to Sync with dropbox is because we need to use different iPads from time to time and not All of Them is connected to The internet at The time of dataentry.

There is an App called "Forms" which enables offline data gathering in an Google-Docs (Drive) Form (Form to be edited on the Web at Google Drive).
Data is collected in an Excel (likish) sheet in Google Drive, can be shared etc.

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

olli5601

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap forms is the way forward. Simple to create and edit on the go. Takes seconds to create a form from scratch. Very powerful tool that allows you to via email to excel. Very stable. Links to drop box and now has iSync, so any forms you have on your iPad will sync to your phone. Support is second to non. Any questions I have asked the developer, have been met with a reply almost instantly. I have even mentioned changes and he has included them in his next upgrade. Tap forms is one of the reasons I bought an iPad, as I use it every day for work. A mac version has been released, so hopefully a pc version may follow. 10/10 for this fantastic app.

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
olli5601 said:
Tap forms is the way forward. Simple to create and edit on the go. Takes seconds to create a form from scratch. Very powerful tool that allows you to via email to excel. Very stable. Links to drop box and now has iSync, so any forms you have on your iPad will sync to your phone. Support is second to non. Any questions I have asked the developer, have been met with a reply almost instantly. I have even mentioned changes and he has included them in his next upgrade. Tap forms is one of the reasons I bought an iPad, as I use it every day for work. A mac version has been released, so hopefully a pc version may follow. 10/10 for this fantastic app.

This looks like it maybe just what I am looking for, thanks for sharing. I am going to check it out today.

Most reactions

Latest posts