What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frame reload after ReturnURL

Cihomewood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

We are having a problem with ReturnURL, which is restricted only to iPads and possibly iPhones.

Our website uses iframes to integrate a membership system. When the user is viewing a membership related page and are not logged in to the system a login button appears. Clicking the button takes them to the login page and, once logged, in they are returned to their original page.

On Windows and Android, when they return the iFrame reloads and the button disappears. On iPads it does not, the user has to refresh the screen.

This does not appear to be a cache related issue as it behaves the same even with caching disabled.

If you take a look at this page - Astronomy - Southport U3A - you will see the button.

Any help would be appreciated. We have even tried building a timestamp into the ReturnURL to make sure the page doesn't get cached, but that has made no difference.

Ian

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not really wrong, just probably not much help to be had. The users here skew heavily to users. What web or app developers there might be either don't post, or choose not to reveal their secret identities.

OP
C

Cihomewood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Can you recommend a forum where I may get some help?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not really. I know Apple has support pages for Webkit, and I believe you can get a free developer account. Only paying if/when you decide to submit apps to the App Store. Or at least they did some time back.

I have a free account that I got several years ago, which I almost never use. I have no idea if what you need is there. Their support forums might help as well. Not the general ones, but the developer oriented ones.

The other usual places, like Reddit communities, or wherever the Github crowd goes to commiserate.

Honestly, I have no idea where web developers hang out and help each other. It is a big hole in my already very limited skill set when it comes to computers.

Most reactions

Latest posts