What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I delete a book of the purchased list in the ibooks store?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can not delete it.

If you go to the Purchased section in iTunes on the computer you can choose to hide the book by clicking on the (x) that appears near the top left of the icon. If you hide something by accident you can go into your account setting to unhide it.

Apple works on the (usually good) assumption that if you bought it, you deserve to be able to download it again, and shouldn't lose it because of some accidental click.

If for some reason you absolutely must have this book expunged from your history forever, you'll need to contact Apple iTunes support and request it. I don't know if they can or will do it, but that's the only route that might work.

Justinian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can not delete it.

If you go to the Purchased section in iTunes on the computer you can choose to hide the book by clicking on the (x) that appears near the top left of the icon. If you hide something by accident you can go into your account setting to unhide it.

Apple works on the (usually good) assumption that if you bought it, you deserve to be able to download it again, and shouldn't lose it because of some accidental click.

If for some reason you absolutely must have this book expunged from your history forever, you'll need to contact Apple iTunes support and request it. I don't know if they can or will do it, but that's the only route that might work.

If you hide the book, does that mean that it no longer takes up memory on your iPad? This is my main concern. If I download an e-book and read it, and no longer need it, why let it sit there and use up memory on the iPad? Thank you.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the book has been deleted from your iPad, it is not on the iPad. If it is showing as "purchased" - that is a reflection of what is on Apple's servers. It is not on your iPad, so it's not taking up space on it.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What Marilyn said.

If the book shows with a cloud symbol, or says Download or Install where the price usually is, then it's not on the iPad. It's a link for you to download the book again if you like. This is also true of other other iStore content like apps, music, TV shows, and movies.

Most reactions

Latest posts