What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have ios8, but no predictive text!

Contaygious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i turned it on, but nowhere uses it. How do you get it to show up? I tried safari, gmail, google voice, and i only have the regular keyboard. I did see it once in an iphone only app. Does that mean we don't get this on ipad?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is on your iPad.

I suppose you enabled the feature in your settings, in General - Keyboard.

If you don't see it, tap and hold the key next to the numbers key at the left side of the keyboard, until the options appear. Predictive Text has a button next to it. If it's disabled, enable it.

If works in every app that I've used so far.

OP
C

Contaygious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but i cant turn it from the globe becauseit is greyed out

OP
C

Contaygious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
93e1f52a08aaa60e2aec8be36acac7b9.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you use Swiftkey? Predictive in Settings - General only works for the default keyboard. If you want to have this feature for Swiftkey, open the app and go through the settings there: enable a language, ...

OP
C

Contaygious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im not in swiftkey. I just tried that because the other one doesnt work. Ths is a pic of the ios keyboard

OP
C

Contaygious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I restored and figured it out, there is no predidtive text in split keyboard! How dumb. How can I possibly reach the keys i that jumbo keyboard? What a waste!

Most reactions

Latest posts