What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inbox email disappears

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What type of account do you have?

Do you have another computer of device set up with the same account, and does it have any rules or junk filters.

Same for your web email client. Are there rules or junk mail filters that might be removing or moving mail?

The iPad will get push notifications for new mail. It will not get notifications for mail when it is removed on the server. This means that when you access Mail on the iPad you may see mail listed that has been deleted or moved since the notification. The iPad will update and/or remove these with the server after a few seconds.

irisfjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just got an ipad and i am having the same problem...my inbox emails are deleting, but only on one of my accounts. The account iset up on my computer through outlook and on my iphone. I am wondering if the emails are disappearing when they download into my outlook. If so, is it possible to stop this and how do I do it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's possible. This is typical behavior for a POP3 account.

If your account is a POP account, it's difficult to keep things in sync. Check to see if your email provider has an IMAP server, then switch both the iPad and Outlook to that server. Make sure you set up your mailboxes on the server in Outlook (instead of local), and your folders should stay in sync.

Also, or IMAP accounts on the iPad it is possible to delve into the advanced settings and make sure standard folders (Sent, Draft, Trash) are stored on the server, not locally. Any folder you create will automatically be on the server.

Most reactions

Latest posts