What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet sites with photos appear washed out

OldFardtr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I am on the Internet and see photos on different sites, some are quite clear, but a lot of others seem to be blurry or have a washed out look to them. The text on any site appears OK.

Is there a way to adjust the resolution on the iPad so that all photos on Internet sites have the same clarity?

My former iPad 4 did not have this concern. Any comments are appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no way to manually adjust the resolution of the iPad screen. Have you tried refreshing the screen to see if that helps?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This probably isn't the iPad or Safari's fault.

Many sites, moslty older ones, are set up with older desktop screens in mind; 72dpi. They've optimized their images to look good on these screens, while being a small as possible.

On an iPad or modern computer with a much higher resolution sceen, the same image will be blown up and look blury or pixilated, so that it stays in proportion to the rest of the page. This does not happen to the text, because text fonts are (usually) stored on your local device, and will almost always display properly.

Yes, the iPad's screen is small, but it actually has more pixles per inch than most desktop or laptop screens; at least all the affordable ones.

OP
O

OldFardtr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no way to manually adjust the resolution of the iPad screen. Have you tried refreshing the screen to see if that helps?

Thanks. Yes I have refreshed it. I also have shut it off and went back to the site I was looking at and it appears same to me.

I tried other sites and the photos, some of them, still look sorta blurred to me.

Maybe its just the fact that this Pro version is so much bigger than the iPad 4 version that I was so used to looking at sites with photos on them, and they seemed to be clearer.

OP
O

OldFardtr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes I have refreshed it. I also have shut it off and went back to the site I was looking at and it appears same to me.

I tried other sites and the photos, some of them, still look sorta blurred to me.

Maybe its just the fact that this Pro version is so much bigger than the iPad 4 version that I was so used to looking at sites with photos on them, and they seemed to be clearer.

OP
O

OldFardtr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This probably isn't the iPad or Safari's fault.

Many sites, moslty older ones, are set up with older desktop screens in mind; 72dpi. They've optimized their images to look good on these screens, while being a small as possible.

On an iPad or modern computer with a much higher resolution sceen, the same image will be blown up and look blury or pixilated, so that it stays in proportion to the rest of the page. This does not happen to the text, because text fonts are (usually) stored on your local device, and will almost always display properly.

Yes, the iPad's screen is small, but it actually has more pixles per inch than most desktop or laptop screens; at least all the affordable ones.

Thank you for the information. I do like this version a lot better than the iPad 4. I have not had it for long, so I will give it some more time in using it. The text does seem to be very good.

I was interested in seeing if anyone else had a similar experience.

Most reactions

Latest posts