What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

phat56pat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
people should post pics of the ones suggested and/or just make a stickies thread of all the cases covers and protectors....

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just emailed Treegloo and got a QUICK response. I asked if their iPad 2 cases would allow me to use MY already purchased Smart Cover, and the response I received was YES!!!! they are designing one NOW, that should be available NEXT WEEK!!

I'm doing the Happy Dance!!!

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
people should post pics of the ones suggested and/or just make a stickies thread of all the cases covers and protectors....

I agree, some of these questions are asked over and over. I think we should PM a moderator so they can make it happen. It would be nice to have these case reviews in one link. As people add the pictures or links it would make it very nice.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tzimisce: Question: I have been speaking (via email) Treegloo about their product. Apparently their new case will exclude the left cover. This way, those who want to use their Smart Cover will be able to. However, I'd like both; cover and my smart cover. Since you already have the product for the iPad 2, do you think the Smart Cover will be able to fit? The leather portfolio case I have now (Brookstone) does have a cover already attached however I am still able to use the Smart Cover. So, I have that "extra" bit of protection.
What do you think?

deftdrummer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I opted for only a few accessories that maximized protection while limiting size and weight when I purchased my iPad2: The first was the smart cover (grey), the second was a zagg invisible shield for the front. I also just recently picked up a Stealth Armor by Fusion Of Ideas in brushed aluminum. The last thing I purchased for $19.99 was the Griffin Jumper sleeve.

All work seamlessly together, all protect the iPad in their own way. Do I want to drop it? No, but it wouldn't be the worst cause I also purchased the $97 square trade accidental warranty.

Happier than a pig in ..... =)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tzimisce: Question: I have been speaking (via email) Treegloo about their product. Apparently their new case will exclude the left cover. This way, those who want to use their Smart Cover will be able to... What do you think?

Actually I'm using an iPad 1, and the particular Treegloo case I'm using is (for want of a better term) a "1.5th generation" in that it has the new exterior material and binding, but with the original, pre-Series 2 wooden frame.

That said, I think that what makes a book-bound case distinctive is the whole package, i.e. it is designed and constructed to look like a book on the exterior, (with the vertical elastic band which makes it "Moleskine-style") and a cover the opens to the left and the device is sitting on the inside right frame, ready to go, when you open it.

Personally I would not use it with an additional smartcover and having to flip open an outer and inner cover twice, since Treegloo cases come with magnetic sleep/wake functionality anyway. To me, the hassle more than outweighs whatever extra "protection" the smartcover provides, and it's a bit of accessory overkill, if you know what I mean. But that's just me.

I have no idea how a hybrid case for a device which will fit the smartcover on the front and a Treegloo frame+case on the back will look like - I am quite curious myself, but Treegloo's designers have been innovating and improving their designs, and they are coming out with a bunch of new things (I'm personally looking out for the frame with stylus holder) so it should be pretty nifty.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DURAGADGET Rotating Faux Leather Case For iPad2

I really like the look of this case from Amazon and I am asking if anyone has it. There is another one which is genuine leather.

DuragadgetRotatingCase.jpg

My question is whether the rotating part comes in contact with the back of the iPad or whether its suspended slightly. I can see from the picture that there is no soft padding and that worries me too.

I currently have a Griffin Slim portfolio case but that is starting to look shabby after just 3 weeks.

Thanks

hjsimpson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the look of this case from Amazon and I am asking if anyone has it. There is another one which is genuine leather.

DuragadgetRotatingCase.jpg

My question is whether the rotating part comes in contact with the back of the iPad or whether its suspended slightly. I can see from the picture that there is no soft padding and that worries me too.

I currently have a Griffin Slim portfolio case but that is starting to look shabby after just 3 weeks.

Thanks

I have the Targus 360 and love it so far. The rotating bezel sit flush with the back of the case. There are not marks on my ipad2 from it so far. :)

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Targus 360 and love it so far. The rotating bezel sit flush with the back of the case. There are not marks on my ipad2 from it so far. :)

Thats good to hear.

My other concern was whether bits get inside the opening where the apple logos shows.

I think the one I am looking at in Amazon is a cheaper version of the Targus - fake leather vs real leather.

Do you find it secure in its little clips?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I agree, some of these questions are asked over and over. I think we should PM a moderator so they can make it happen. It would be nice to have these case reviews in one link. As people add the pictures or links it would make it very nice.

I'll push this out to the other moderators and see what they think.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'll push this out to the other moderators and see what they think.

Tim

I have received approval on a 'trial' basis - so it's done...

Tim
Scotland

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems that America has so much choice in cases, unlike the very limited choice in the UK :(

I am going to Florida in September/October so I can have a good look around the shops then :)

Whitecheddar22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marware c.e.o. Hybrid iPad 2

Attachments

• image-285123555.png
    image-285123555.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 399
  • image-920177943.png
    image-920177943.png
    148 KB · Views: 344
  • image-3128449731.png