What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad air 3rd generation-touch screen barely works

SM69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings-

The touch screen on my Ipad Air (3rd Gen) barely works anymore. There isn't physical damage to the screen but it works so poorly I am thinking about reformatting.

I though before I did that it would be good to get some advice.

Any input appreciated

SM69

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Try restarting your iPad (turn it off and on again). If that doesn‘t help, disconnect any lightning- or USB C-accessories. If it works without problems afterwards, use a different socket, cable or charger.
Another option would be to remove the screen protector, if you use any, and/or remove the case.

Hope that helps.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Greetings-

The touch screen on my Ipad Air (3rd Gen) barely works anymore. There isn't physical damage to the screen but it works so poorly I am thinking about reformatting.

I though before I did that it would be good to get some advice.

Any input appreciated

SM69
You could try force restarting the iPad. That will sometimes fix problems.

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

OP
S

SM69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried all those things except "remove the case". I am wondering what they "case" is? Take the bottom part of the Ipad and separate it from the screen or simply take it out of any case it might be in?

Thanks for all the advice.

SM69

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have tried all those things except "remove the case". I am wondering what they "case" is? Take the bottom part of the Ipad and separate it from the screen or simply take it out of any case it might be in?

Thanks for all the advice.

SM69
You might want to try Reset All Settings, in case somehow some unique Accessibility Setting has been activated. This can alter the behaviour of the the touchscreen.

OP
S

SM69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might want to try Reset All Settings, in case somehow some unique Accessibility Setting has been activated. This can alter the behaviour of the the touchscreen.
Would this be like reformatting a PC where you lose all the info?

Thanks

SM69

Most reactions

Latest posts