What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Associateed with wrong Apple ID

ExCalif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son and I both have iTunes accounts.

Recently he borrowed my iPad and downloaded a past purchase (movie) from his account.

Now I cannot download any of my past purchases and currently subscribed items from my account.

I get an error, "This device is already associated with an Apple ID. You can download past purchases on a different account every 90 days."

I understand the error completely however...

1/ Why would apple restrict it in this way. There has to be a better way to control things. I can associate all my apple tvs and such with multiple accounts, why not my portable devices...

2/ Is there any way to clear this or do I really have to wait 2 more months to get my ioPad back?

Social commentary - Apple needs to get with the program. In my house there are 4 users with 3 iTunes accounts. We have

4 Laptops
2 Apple tvs
3 ipads
4 iphones

Apple must understand we expect in this family to be able to share all our content on all devices at all times anywhere we are. I travel 100 days a year for business. If I can't get my content on the road I am going to go crazy or find somewhere else to get content.

Help!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Safari, enter expresslane.apple.com.

There, choose iTunes - iTunes Store - Account Management - This topic is not listed, then tap Continue and Email. Send the problem to Apple Support, they can reset the 90 days.

Last edited:
OP
E

ExCalif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Safari, enter expresslane.apple.com. There, choose iTunes - iTunes Store - Account Management - This topic is not listed, then tap Continue and Email. Send the problem to Apple Support, they can reset the 90 days.

Thanks! Message sent to Apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts