What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad refuses to turn on

rjjb7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
My iPad 2018 9.7 inch has a strage issue: sometimes it is turned on without any problem, but sometimes it is dead until I try the familiar combination of the power + home button several times.
I feel like thie ipad still has a change to be saved, but it is very annoying to be 50-50 chance to be turned on.
Does anyone experienced this kind of stuff? Does it sound like a software or a hardware issue?

Thanks a lot!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi,
My iPad 2018 9.7 inch has a strage issue: sometimes it is turned on without any problem, but sometimes it is dead until I try the familiar combination of the power + home button several times.
I feel like thie ipad still has a change to be saved, but it is very annoying to be 50-50 chance to be turned on.
Does anyone experienced this kind of stuff? Does it sound like a software or a hardware issue?
Hello - well no posts but nearly 250 views? First, welcome to the forum! :) Second, provide some more information: 1) What iPadOS is installed (that model can go to the current one); 2) Is the device charged - if that is an issue have you tried other cables/chargers; and 3) Has there been any damage to the iPad, e.g. liquids, falls, etc.?

Now I'm sure that you've search for possible solutions online - if not, then check these for suggestions: LINK1 and LINK2 - let us know your results and responses to the questions above. If of no help, are you close to an Apple store or qualified Apple service? If so, take the device in for a 'diagnostics' assessment. Good luck - Dave

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Next time you get it turned on you should back up the iPad in case it stops functioning at all. That way you won’t lose your data if it stops working.
I second the trip to an Apple Store for a diagnostic at the Genius Bar. The diagnostic is free. If possible make an appointment in advance as there are limited walk-ins available. If you can back up the iPad do it before going to an Apple Store.

Last edited:

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to agree is the so called iPad charged? It sounds like it might not have enough power or something.

Most reactions

Latest posts