What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 locked out, work around??

Milew23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sure that this has been asked but here we go again.

Where I work, an employee left without providing us with her apple ID password. This is a work iPad and apple will not help.

Is there any way to get around the icloud account? Can I sign in (somehow) with a separate apple id (that wasn't attached to the iPad). I have tried to reset it from iTunes but is still asking for the original apple id. There is really NO way around this?? None? I realize that it is a security feature, but come on! any info would be great. Right now we are sitting with an expensive paperweight.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure that this has been asked but here we go again.

Where I work, an employee left without providing us with her apple ID password. This is a work iPad and apple will not help.

Is there any way to get around the icloud account? Can I sign in (somehow) with a separate apple id (that wasn't attached to the iPad). I have tried to reset it from iTunes but is still asking for the original apple id. There is really NO way around this?? None? I realize that it is a security feature, but come on! any info would be great. Right now we are sitting with an expensive paperweight.
I'm afraid that you're out of luck. Without that employee's Apple ID and password, there's no way to get past the Activation Lock. Unless you can contact that employee to get the Apple ID and password you'll, unfortunately, be stuck with an iPad that can't be used.

P.S. I've moved the thread to the iPad 2 forum, where it will receive more attention.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted the other thread started by you on this same question. Duplicate posts can fragment any resulting conversation making it hard to follow and are also against our rules.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Maybe, but my understanding is you pretty much have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you legally own that iPad. There have been at least a few cases where Apple has refused to unlock iPads of decease relatives.

That sounds pretty harsh on Apple's part, but if they were to ever unlock an iPad that they should not have, the media and privacy advocates would tear them to pieces. Since they've been making big point of protecting your privacy, I think they'd rather take a customer service hit over a privacy scandal.

Most reactions

Latest posts