What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini 2 w/ Siri and Icloud backup

lewbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Morning,
New to this forum and have been reading quite a few posts in hopes of solving a few questions and learning more how to use this. I currently have a Samsung S6 phone, HP Windows computer but this is my first venture to any Apple product...so my knowledge and understanding of things are limited.
Now...couple comments and questions if I may. Recently purchased an Ipad Mini2 16gb and wondered if it hurts the unit/battery to keep it plugged in ALL the time? Reason is I cannot use Siri by voice command (have to hold the home button in to activate her unless it's plugged in) and cannot back anything up to the cloud unless it's plugged in also.
After having it a week, those are my only comments or questions at this point in time. I thank you all in advance for any thoughts on that.
lewbar

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, lewbar!

iCloud backs up once a day, when the iPad is locked, plugged in and connected to Wi-Fi. As soon as this has happened, the next time it will backup is the next day. It wouldn't be necessary to plug in your iPad constantly.

If you prefer keeping it connected to the charger, that doesn't do any harm either. Once it's completely charged, it will stop charging, and will start again when it has run down a few %.

OP
L

lewbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you....I"ll see how that works since I'm still on the initial charge I did when I first received it

Most reactions

Latest posts