What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with the Numbers App

renafromab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
we are having problems with our work iPads. when we do spreadsheets in numbers on our iPads it looks good all on one page prints out nice, but then we email as pdf to our pc's(all MacBooks) and we get 4 pages all mixed up. Can anyone help me with this?
Not sure if I am in the right place for this as I am a real noob to iPad, if not please send me in the right direction for answers
Thanks

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you by chance printing in Landscape? The PDF export only works in portrait (as far as I know). If you've got your spreadsheets layed out for a good landscape print, that would probably cause problems.

There is a way for you get more control over your PDF layout. By using an app like FingerPrint or Printopia, you can print to a folder on a computer (with that app running on it). The result is a PDF. This way you can use the layout controls you see when printing from Numbers.

OP
R

renafromab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks twerppoet. No we are printing in portrait. I set them up in excel on my macbook then switched them to numbers on my iPad then edited them there to make the spreadsheets. I will check out fingerprint and printopia. I am very new to apple so am learning a lot as I go.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

The templates in Numbers all convert to PDF nicely.

This is what I recommend trying. (no guarantee it will work)

Open one of the templates and create a shape that covers (fairly accurately) the area used by that template. If you adjust it's transparency it should be fairly easy to adjust. You can even PDF the result to make sure it's working as expected.

Copy the shape.

Open your worksheet and paste the shape. Move it to the background, then make sure all your elements stay inside the bounds.

Most reactions

Latest posts