What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore data in apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jab004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this has been discussed, please forgive me, but I couldn't find it by searching. I had to restore original settings, and reinstall my apps. In the process, all data in the apps, such as notes in note taking apps, and pdfs in iAnnotate are gone. Does anyone know if I can recover the missing data?

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it wasn't synched to iTunes and the iPad restored, it's gone. If you had a backup it should have restored the data when you restored the device just as it would when you upgrade the OS and it wipes the iPad during the upgrade.

Did you have recent synch?

What method did you use to "restore original settings?"

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem

Yes, the same thing just happened to me when I recently had to restore my itouch. I backed up everything in iTunes but I would still get a message that some data wasn't backed up. I had to restore anyway because of a battery depletion issue. I lost all my notes, audio files saved in individual apps, articles saved in the Huffington Post app, etc. So I'm very reluctant to restore and upgrade the iPad and lose info stored on apps. Any solutions would be appreciated.

tango67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lost my notes AGAIN!

Yes, I too lost all my notes, apparently, while Ipad was syncing to itunes, however, there is a setting on itunes where you can have "notes" NOT to be synced, go to itunes/ipad/info tab/ uncheck notes at the very bottom.

I would like to know if I can retrieve the notes from the itunes sync, is that possible?

thx you

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As this is a two-year old thread (I'm sure the issue has been resolved or the members have moved on) - we will now close this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts