What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resume/email

kami702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Really love my IPad but I cannot figure out how to attach my resume and/or photo on an email for jobs. Help?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Actually, you have to send your document and not attach the document in an email. A bit strange, but this is how it works.

Where is your document located? For example, if it is a PDF, you just open it, and at the top, there is a menu to send it to an email...

VicoPad addict!

OP
K

kami702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I made the resume on getresumebuilder.com

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Kami and welcome to the forum - :)

If you have setup your email account(s) via the Mail app, then you can email your resume (assume a Word or Text document) and your photo to yourself and then attach them to a 'new' email; there are certainly some other options regarding syncing w/ iTunes.

But let us know if you've gotten as far as the above in establishing an email account on your iPad - good luck!

P.S. As I was typing nearly a half dozen other posts appeared - hope these have helped you!

Last edited:
OP
K

kami702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have an email. I just don't understand how when I'm on craigslist I'll hit the link to email my resume how do I get my picture and resume on there it was so easy on my desktop.

OP
K

kami702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don't remember how I got the resume on the home screen I'm hoping that makes it easier

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
kami702 said:
Yes I have an email. I just don't understand how when I'm on craigslist I'll hit the link to email my resume how do I get my picture and resume on there it was so easy on my desktop.

Ok, I get it now... When hitting that link to email, hold the link to copy it. Then, select your resume, that should be already on your iPad (in iBook for example) and send that file to an email. Once the new email created, copy the link from the craiglist webpage in the "To:" field, cleanup just to keep the email. That's assuming that the link is an email link.

If it is not the case, you're out of luck as Safari is unable to upload a file via a webpage. That's a feature missing that would be nice to have...

VicoPad addict!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari on the iPad can't upload (although I think it can if jail broken) however, iCab, from the app store, does have the facility to upload in the way you require.

I still don't understand how you have a file outside of an app......that bit is beyond me.

The Archangel

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Gabriel1 said:
Safari on the iPad can't upload (although I think it can if jail broken) however, iCab, from the app store, does have the facility to upload in the way you require.

I still don't understand how you have a file outside of an app......that bit is beyond me.

The Archangel

Thanks, didn't know about iCab...

VicoPad addict!

OP
K

kami702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I will keep messing with It. Thank you!

OP
K

kami702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I have figured out how to copy the link on craigslist but what do I do after that since my resume is on my homepage is that ok?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I am misunderstanding you, is your resume on your website homepage? Or is it on your home screen?

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts