What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review - Treegloo - Customisable Moleskine-style iPad Case

satyarod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paris map inlay?

Having problems uploading to Photobucket, so attaching them here.

The first set is the new Series 2 exterior and interiors (on an original frame), including the "seamless" matching wallpaper and in landscape working mode.

Hi. Nice pics.

I have been waiting for ages to get my moleskin case for my iPad2. I'm in Austria so ordered one and have a long wait. For those that have long waits in the US- think about us folks in Europe that have to wait double the time or more!!

Today I found a Treegloo case with the Paris map inlay on ebay- so shipping it to my sister in New York, who will send it to me. :)

Would it be possible to upload the Paris map you received from treegloo? I would love to use it for my wallpaper like you did.

Many thanks.

Satya

satyarod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got pic: nvm. Treegloo cust service awesome!

I must say from posts from others, I would also like to add from my experience that the customer service of Treegloo is great and fast. Got a nice reply in a day with the paris wallpaper.

Now I'm going to make a Vienna map for a custom inlay for a special order case for myself.
:ipad-front:
iPad2 waiting for it's case. :)

OP
tzimisce

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here you go - this is the full Paris graphic as sent to me from Treegloo.

Attachments

• image-2863017915.png
    image-2863017915.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 504

satyarod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you.

Hey thanks for putting up the map photo.

Sorry I was not more clear in previous post - but i already got it from Treegloo cust rep yesterday. :)

Now I'm just waiting for case to arrive!

Satya
:)

photoopp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
satyarod said:
Hi. Nice pics.

I have been waiting for ages to get my moleskin case for my iPad2. I'm in Austria so ordered one and have a long wait. For those that have long waits in the US- think about us folks in Europe that have to wait double the time or more!!

Today I found a Treegloo case with the Paris map inlay on ebay- so shipping it to my sister in New York, who will send it to me. :)

Would it be possible to upload the Paris map you received from treegloo? I would love to use it for my wallpaper like you did.

Many thanks.

Satya

I'm not so happy with my treegloo. I ordered one with a custom photo on the inside. By day two it was already tearing at the top and bottom. I sent treegloo pictures and they agreed to replace the case. That was about six weeks ago. The customer service that was so good has disappeared. Buyer beware.

satyarod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh..

I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem with Treegloo.

My Treegloo arrived in the mail this morning- it's at my office now. Stuck at a meeting now so will collect it on the way home. Hope the case is ok. Will post after I try it. This was another order that someone had placed and then sold- so it may be an older one that I think had different corners or ends.

OP
tzimisce

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not so happy with my treegloo. I ordered one with a custom photo on the inside. By day two it was already tearing at the top and bottom. I sent treegloo pictures and they agreed to replace the case. That was about six weeks ago. The customer service that was so good has disappeared. Buyer beware.

Have you followed up with them? If I email customer service (any company) because of a product defect and don't get a response within two days, I will email them again, just in case the first email didn't arrive or got missed.

If the second email gets ignored again, I'll send a final email telling them that I will open a dispute with the credit card company and/or Paypal for a defective product - and that usually gets a response quick enough.

StevenRiley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After much research I decided to order a cover for my IPad 2. I choose to go with Treegloo Products. They stated it was 2-4 weeks on their website. I placed my order and paid on May 4th. My confirmation email on my order from Treegloo Products thanked me for my order and also stated that my order would ship within 2-4 weeks. So 2 weeks from that date would be May 18th. I am not one of those people that start calling and bothering a company at the 2 week point. The 4 week point would be June 1st. I emailed Treegloo products than and ask for an update on my order. They emailed me back and stated that my cover would ship between June 7-8th. Will the evening of the 8th had come and I had not heard back so once again I emailed them. They emailed me back and apologized and said they would expedite my shipping when my order was shipping. They stated that my order would ship between June 16-18th. This is now 6 ½ weeks from my order that was suppose to ship in 2-4 weeks. Will it is now June 20th and I still do not have a product or shipping information. I emailed Treegloo and asked for a full refund due to their lack of ability to supply my order in a timely manner, based on their delivery dates. I was ok waiting their initial 2-4 weeks but I am not willing to wait any longer. The responded with “Your book and frame is complete and is pending final assembly. Your case will be shipping out as expected.†I do not know what they mean by expected. I expected this by June 1st. They still have not supplied me with any shipping information. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I would highly recommend ordering from someone anyone else.

satyarod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipment

I know how you feel. I was lucky to get my treegloo early only because i got one that was being sold by someone on ebay- as they had an extra one.

I think even the other cases have long waiting periods. I had earlier placed an order for the Portenza and was waiting over 4-6 weeks for it to be even produced after I place the order. When I emailed them - they said that it was in line for being made and they could not say when it would start. I cancelled and then got the Treegloo on ebay.

I think its unfortunately the same for Dodocase and Quills. It appears that they have not made your case yet. I understand that all companies have huge demands and as they are all handmade- cant manage demand. But it would be nice if they could accurately tell you when your case is actually being made.

Having said that- I was to review my Treegloo case before. Quality is better than older versions. One complaint is that when you use the camera- there an outline of a ring on the top of photos. It dissappers when you zoom in a little.

Best of luck.

photoopp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you did, I also did a lot of research and ended up buying a Treegloo product. I ordered a case with a custom liner using a photograph I had taken. My case arrived late, but not as late as yours. Within a day of using the case the liner began to tear. I took pictures and sent them to Treegloo. They agreed to a replacement. Well that's when the delay's like you cited below started. They just kept missing delivery and then would tell me my case is being assembled. I told them I no longer wanted the product and they provided me a credit to my PayPal account. I then sent my case back.

Since then I purchased a Sena Folio case,

If you search coupons on the net you can find a $20 off coupon. That brings the price to $79. It's very nice, all leather. I liked the design of the Treegloo because it offered protection all around. But the case fails when trying to use it as a stand. Additionally, the IPad is not totally secure. I had mine fall out numerous times. The Sena product totally protects the IPad. It's high quality and sharp looking. A much better value.

After much research I decided to order a cover for my IPad 2. I choose to go with Treegloo Products. They stated it was 2-4 weeks on their website. I placed my order and paid on May 4th. My confirmation email on my order from Treegloo Products thanked me for my order and also stated that my order would ship within 2-4 weeks. So 2 weeks from that date would be May 18th. I am not one of those people that start calling and bothering a company at the 2 week point. The 4 week point would be June 1st. I emailed Treegloo products than and ask for an update on my order. They emailed me back and stated that my cover would ship between June 7-8th. Will the evening of the 8th had come and I had not heard back so once again I emailed them. They emailed me back and apologized and said they would expedite my shipping when my order was shipping. They stated that my order would ship between June 16-18th. This is now 6 ½ weeks from my order that was suppose to ship in 2-4 weeks. Will it is now June 20th and I still do not have a product or shipping information. I emailed Treegloo and asked for a full refund due to their lack of ability to supply my order in a timely manner, based on their delivery dates. I was ok waiting their initial 2-4 weeks but I am not willing to wait any longer. The responded with “Your book and frame is complete and is pending final assembly. Your case will be shipping out as expected.†I do not know what they mean by expected. I expected this by June 1st. They still have not supplied me with any shipping information. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I would highly recommend ordering from someone anyone else.

StevenRiley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My biggest problem is their lack of service. I had to contact them each time their stated delivery time passed. If they had contacted me and given me a valid reason it would have been ten times better. I have now also lost a little more respect for them. They have deleted my post from their Facebook page and blocked me from posting anything on it. I also saw another post from someone else with an issue that is no longer there. This makes their facebook site worthless. It only has the posts on it that they want. I was unaware of company Facebook sites doing this. I will keep this in mind in the future with other items I research.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Here you go - this is the full Paris graphic as sent to me from Treegloo.

Tzimisce do you what the kinetic latch option is, and the difference between that and the magnetic latch is?
Your reviews are great and informing.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

kschles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My biggest problem is their lack of service. I had to contact them each time their stated delivery time passed. If they had contacted me and given me a valid reason it would have been ten times better. I have now also lost a little more respect for them. They have deleted my post from their Facebook page and blocked me from posting anything on it. I also saw another post from someone else with an issue that is no longer there. This makes their facebook site worthless. It only has the posts on it that they want. I was unaware of company Facebook sites doing this. I will keep this in mind in the future with other items I research.

My Treegloo experience started out well, but ended very badly. Briefly, my initial case, which I ordered on March 28th, was defective. Sent it back for a replacement, and waited, and waited... I experienced what a number of others have posted in various threads, and used to post on the Treegloo Facebook page (until they started scrubbing all the unflattering comments). While responses to e-mail inquiries got longer and longer, Treegloo eventually replied that my case would ship out soon (the end of the week, the beginning of next week, etc). It never did. I finally requested a refund, which I received last week.

I think most people would be understanding if told the truth (small company, overwhelmed a bit, will take longer than originally thought, we apologize, whatever). However the constant promises of "shipment soon" that were never kept naturally made people upset. Don't know what they were thinking. They've trashed their reputation with many of us, and I would never recommend them.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
davidalan99 said:
Tzimisce do you what the kinetic latch option is, and the difference between that and the magnetic latch is?
Your reviews are great and informing.

Well only 10 hrs passed, and Treegloo replied with the answers, I think that is pretty good customer service, since the time stamp on the reply here on the East Coast read in at 2:05am. Not bad service. As for the shipping times well that is life, when you make a good product and have high demand, those in line later have to wait so that they will get the same quality.

StevenRiley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully they continue with their quick replies to you. They started that way with me until they had missed the numerous promise dates. Now they do not even respond.

Most reactions

Latest posts