What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the iPad 3 Forum!

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sjmckee said:
So what's good about a forum if there is no exchange, ya'll just making statements. I'm looking to hear any issue, pros or cons, I have an iPad 1 and want to upgrade...
I'd upgrade if I were you, I can see where some people are coming from when they say that it may not be worth upgrading from the iPad 2 to the 3 but from the 1 it is definately worth it

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what's good about a forum if there is no exchange, ya'll just making statements. I'm looking to hear any issue, pros or cons, I have an iPad 1 and want to upgrade...

Welcome - you may want to start off with a post in the new user section to introduce yourself.
Judging from the trending on my poll about what people are upgrading from - you would be in good company in upgrading from the iPad1.
The iPad 3 is my first iPad and I could not be any happier with it. It works exactly as I expected which is a saying a lot since I expected a lot. I use it mainly for reading, browsing, viewing pictures and videos - so the screen was my number one reason for getting an iPad.

tuffigirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't been to the forums in a while, I've been sick... it's nice to be back. :) I said I wouldn't upgrade from my iPad 2... I really saw no reason for it. I had waited so long for a jailbreak I did not want to give it up! lol Until I went to Best Buy on Saturday and saw for myself what all the fuss was about.... oh that screen !! I caved... then had to decide between the 64GB WiFi version or the 32GB 4G LTE, I went with the former cause I use mine for tons of movies and I have a portable hotspot I can take with me on the go. I can also tether to my Samsung Infuse which is 4G. But now I'm wondering if I did the right thing... even with all my movies on there I'm only up to 12GB's... but then I don't have all the themes and tweaks from my jailbroken iPad 2 on there. Now I'm wondering if the 4G 32GB would have been the way to go? I still have a week and a 1/2 to change my mind... any opinions would be appreciated. :)

RodC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it correct to refer to the iPad as 3 - or simply as the "New" iPad. I did not see anywhere in the Keynote presentation. It would certainly be more convenient to simply refer to it as the 3 as it is the 3rd generation indeed. However, it seems Apple have decided, due to most probably marketing reasons not to refer to it as simply the 3rd in a row - but the all-New one. =)

I certainly don't want to start a useless debate over the "politically correct" way to refer to the device of the sort "why it should not call our iPod Touch an 'iTouch' "; which debate I find useless.

Just pure curiosity.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RodC said:
Is it correct to refer to the iPad as 3 - or simply as the "New" iPad. I did not see anywhere in the Keynote presentation. It would certainly be more convenient to simply refer to it as the 3 as it is the 3rd generation indeed. However, it seems Apple have decided, due to most probably marketing reasons not to refer to it as simply the 3rd in a row - but the all-New one. =)

You can refer to it as the new iPad and I will say iPad3 or iPad three or the third generation iPad, and we will understand each other with no need for translation. All is good, and there is not a darn thing in the world Apple can do anything about it ;-)

chokem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been a member for a while, just ordered my new Gen. 3 32GB. Im pretty stoked. Should be a vast upgrade from my iPad 1.

tatale58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello, I 've got my pad 2 for one year, cannot imagine my life without ! my brother is about to by his tablette and ask me advise between samsung and ipad 3. Is someone can give me few good reasons for him to by Apple, that would be nice ! He is thinking Ipad3 is getting warm on used, is that true ?

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tatale58 said:
hello, I 've got my pad 2 for one year, cannot imagine my life without ! my brother is about to by his tablette and ask me advise between samsung and ipad 3. Is someone can give me few good reasons for him to by Apple, that would be nice ! He is thinking Ipad3 is getting warm on used, is that true ?

I've heard that but I don't have trouble with my 3 overheating.

Bud96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all ! New to this iPad thing . So I went for the hole thing 64 & 4g. I like it but it is a lot to figure out. So you will see a lot of questions soon from me. Buddy

Dan2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am thrilled I upgraded. The newest iPad is addicting with the display. It's hard to believe but the iPad and iPad 2 now look granular compared to the new display. I love mine. Only wish is that it wasn't heavier.

Most reactions

Latest posts