What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Fletch_smf said:
Okay going to save up for the 6th island and start thinking about setting up this decorating contest for real. I do appreciate all those that said they would donate a gem to someone but had no interest in decorating themselves. I don't know whether to take people up on that or make them participate. I think it could be funnier if they have to decorate, myself.

So who actually wants to decorate? How long should we have? How should we pick themes?

I'd participate, fletch! I love decorating! Just about at level 30 - should have my last island in a few days. Was gonna use it for my metals so I could move those habitats from my lightning/sun island but this seems much more fun!

TommyB said:
Well, the last part was mainly toungue-in-cheek and partly just used to how I've seen Christians treated on internet forums, you know? Good point about Peter, though, thank you. Worst part is the people who give other people bad impressions or make it easy to caricaturise Christians as mindless brainless sheep who need a touchy-feely crutch, hard stigma to be up against. Biblical Christianity is a hugely rational, reasoned faith. Theology was once known as the queen of sciences. Interesting about mental illnesses, VeeLund, as I have enormous thoughts and concerns and compassion with that whole area, huge need to understand and help.

Anyhow, don't want to start religeous discussions here, cuz it's against forum policy. That's not what I'm trying to do. Happy to PM etc. Hope to have the book out the door this summer, pending some peer reviews and important input. I could email a PDF, but it's not the final draft yet so I'm a little hesitant.

I appreciate the support, though, and the open-mindedness.

Very well stated!!! I would be elated to buy a copy whenever you are comfortable with it! And I started in my earlier post to say...the bible has been proven scientifically correct on so many counts that it is difficult to rebuke.

April GCID Servant 16:9 ( daughter Allison GCID Angel2all. daughter Amanda GCID Servant to One)

Just popping in to say hi. Have been reading and trying to keep up, but we are visiting family so not much time to respond much. Congrats to all getting success in breeding. Got my first 36h today, super excited about that. Once a second is born I plan to ask for a custom plan from Master Fletch. Was really interesting the silver plan he made. Cheers to everyone!

Downloading now looks pretty BADA**

Perfect. If there's one thing this group loves, it's a BADA** game. My Baby Dragon & Aloha Islands are really BADA**, just to cite one example. I'm just disappointed that I can't equip the babies with machine guns so they could shoot one another.

Poppy

I just posted the following at the new Non-Fiction Book Thread:

Thank you for your interest. There are a few more folks over on the Dragonvale thread who have expressed an interest and I would like to wait for them before we get started. In the meantime I recommend the following for our first book:

The Righteous Mind
by Jonathan Haidt
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/25/bo...pagewanted=all

The link is to the NY Times review. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I've started the book and I'm finding it to be a fascinating study in the central theme of this thread: how was our worldview formed and how understanding it can help us to understand others who might hold very different world views.

The book is available for download.

If you're interested in participating please post your indication of interest at the new thread. We're just getting ready to roll.

Thanks,
Poppy

Waiting on this 48 hour incubation is painful! And to know that another 48 hour wait is ahead, ugghhh... But -- at least the wait will be worth it. :D

Waiting on this 48 hour incubation is painful! And to know that another 48 hour wait is ahead, ugghhh... But -- at least the wait will be worth it. :D

Yes i agree.. But, its more painful when you know that you are getting a 48hr dragon which you dont need :(
I recently got my 9th Sun when trying for a Bloom and i actually dont require one as i have already sold 5 of them.. Boohoo..

I was planning on getting gold shrines...but now I'm not sure it takes so much food lol

I just posted the following at the new Non-Fiction Book Thread:

Thank you for your interest. There are a few more folks over on the Dragonvale thread who have expressed an interest and I would like to wait for them before we get started. In the meantime I recommend the following for our first book:

The Righteous Mind
by Jonathan Haidt
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/25/bo...pagewanted=all

The link is to the NY Times review. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I've started the book and I'm finding it to be a fascinating study in the central theme of this thread: how was our worldview formed and how understanding it can help us to understand others who might hold very different world views.

The book is available for download.

If you're interested in participating please post your indication of interest at the new thread. We're just getting ready to roll.

Thanks,
Poppy

There is a sample on IBook with the first 100 pages I believe. It sounds interesting Poppy.

I was planning on getting gold shrines...but now I'm not sure it takes so much food lol

It is a plan for the long term to be sure. But ask anyone who achieved it how satisfying it was when they got their first. The Shrine Grind is possibly one of my favourite parts of the game, because it is the great equaliser for all. You are not going to get it in a couple of days no matter how many gems you spend to speed up breeding.

Hey Frenzzz, have tried Lichen x Storm for more than 12 times separately in both the EBI and BC.. Got a lot of Storms, Cactuses and Lichens but no Bloom..
I think i have to somehow make room for a plant habitat and should try with Plant x Storm.. What say guys??

SOOOooooo hard to get a sun... i thought crystal and bluefire will get sun...it is during the am's but end up a rainbow.... i still got ice dragon and sun dragon until now breed and breed never got a chance yet... another 20 gems to get the tree gems then i can send more to more friends. I got my bloom dragon first try on lichen 10 , storm 10 second try got a cactus. third try i try it with cactus 10 plus storm 10 i got another 13 hours. 2 bloom in one day. Sometime a little lucky. sometimes not at all.....where are u sun i need some solar flare!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back