What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy pictorial shortcuts & Helpful places. - For People new to the iPad.

I guess I have lucked out....I don't seem to get the half screen problem, but it is good to know the solution if it decides to show up.

I guess I have lucked out....I don't seem to get the half screen problem, but it is good to know the solution if it decides to show up.

Good morning, AQ...yes, if you are talking about the half screen, that had been an issue for many of us. It was quite noticeable when you would like at profile pages, but thankfully Twerppoet have us a great tip! :)

skimonkey said:
Good morning, AQ...yes, if you are talking about the half screen, that had been an issue for many of us. It was quite noticeable when you would like at profile pages, but thankfully Twerppoet have us a great tip! :)

Yes, a very easy solution, as you can see.

image-3331070220.jpg

image-1155303617.jpg

image-867089745.jpg

Ur screenies weren't that helpful tome as they were too small to see well and couldn't enlarge them with my finger. Btw how do u get that red arrow on them?

Sent from my iPad using iPFt

BettiBz said:
Ur screenies weren't that helpful tome as they were too small to see well and couldn't enlarge them with my finger. Btw how do u get that red arrow on them?

Sent from my iPad using iPFt

If you tap the thumbnail it should enlarge to full screen. This should work in both the app and website versions of the forums.The red arrows and words were added through the use of a free app called Skitch. It's available in the App Store.

How to find your SMTP settings, at least in a Google IMAP account.

SMTPSettings.jpeg

Edit: Upsized the attachment somewhat. Still not perfectly clear, but is should be readable now. I'd have to start over to improve it anymore.

Last edited:
Cancel last comment by myself ...I get it.
Thought you were talking about something else
Thank you

Hello
I can't read the name of the app you have circled in the 1st step.
thanks

It's the Mail, Contacts, Calendars choice in the left column of the Settings app. The icon is an envelope on a blue background. The next choice is just my GMail account. I've got it set up twice, once as Exchange and once as IMAP. The blue circles are around the little arrows at the right of each entry. They indicate that you can tap on the item for more detailed information or settings.

I'll replace the picture with a slightly larger one shortly.

Noticed you've also got the half-screen bug that shows up when you view the Profile in the iPF app.

Quick tip: rotate to the other view (portrait or landscape) and back. Ta-da, full screen. ;)

I've just come across this useful thread and your very handy tip, Twerppoet. :)

Thanks too to Leelai for providing the thread link in one of her welcome posts. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back