What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HEIC files

Willbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope you don’t mind me posting this as it’s really an iPhone issue? I took some photos on holiday with my iPhone 12 and wanted to load them on a USB stick to view on my TV. I noticed they were in HEIC format and correctly guessed my Panasonic TV couldn’t read them. Opening each image in Preview I could export them as JPG. I noticed there was no JPG suffix at the end of the exported file, just a number, but the TV could read them ok. I had nearly 200 photos though so I wanted ideally to batch convert them. I did this on my iMac but two things were different. The first was that it gave all the images a JPG suffix BUT also indicated that the average file size would be around 2.4MB. Exported individually each image was 7.1 to over 13MB. In the end I exported individually to be on the safe side. If I’d batched them would the images have been of lower quality? I didn’t see the option for “best” when batching, but did see and chose the option exporting individually. The pictures came out extremely well and I’m now wondering why I’m carrying a MILC and two lenses on holiday! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back