What's new

Ibooks not working after Jailbreak?

Rin1

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
After doing the jailbreak for my Ipad 2, ibooks always crashes on me. Is anyone else having this problem? And if so, is there any way to fix it?

I personally use the Kindle app for all my reading, but I have some childrens books for my 2 year old on Ibooks. Now I feel kind of guilty for messing that up for her :(
 
Have you installed anything else since JB? e.g. are you running ActionMenu?
 
ibooks rendering issue, but not crashing

I am in the same situation but different problem. The children's books are not completely rendered. Portions of the page is grayed out like a corrupted jpg. I haven't found any fix other than a restore to pre-jailbreak. Nor has a search come up anyone with the same issue.

I have seen your issue in other forums, however i haven't seen a remedy yet. I'll be sure to post one if I find one.

Did you jailbreak from a fresh restore (factory default), (no third party apps)? I did not, which I reckon may be my problem. Unfortunately, I can't test mine yet. I use my ipad for work. So I need the camera connection kit issue to be patched before I re-jailbreak.
 
I'm having the same issue with iBooks crashing since JB'ing. Oddly it only seems to crash on purchased books and not on the free ones I have.

I wonder if this might be a DRM issue?
 
Have you tried re-downloading your books since JB? I didn't sync mine till after, but have had no probs. See screenie, which is a DRM'd book from the store...
 

Attachments

  • image-4113797968.webp
    image-4113797968.webp
    43 KB · Views: 637
Have you installed anything else since JB? e.g. are you running ActionMenu?

No I'm not running ActionMenu. The only apps I've installed after JB was Cydelete,backgrounder, and MyFi.
 
I am in the same situation but different problem. The children's books are not completely rendered. Portions of the page is grayed out like a corrupted jpg. I haven't found any fix other than a restore to pre-jailbreak. Nor has a search come up anyone with the same issue.

I have seen your issue in other forums, however i haven't seen a remedy yet. I'll be sure to post one if I find one.

Did you jailbreak from a fresh restore (factory default), (no third party apps)? I did not, which I reckon may be my problem. Unfortunately, I can't test mine yet. I use my ipad for work. So I need the camera connection kit issue to be patched before I re-jailbreak.

Yeah the children's books look exactly as you've described. After I try flipping through a few pages ibooks starts to crash and exits out on it's own. I didn't jailbreak from a fresh restore either.
 
I'm having same issue. I dont have anything called action menu installed. Once in a while iBooks works. But if I rotate the screen it will always crash. Doing the samething on my iPhone. I tried using iBooks fix through cydia and still nothing!
 
although iBooks works for all my old content, when I purchase new books they don't work correctly. They look OK at first glance, but scattered throughout the content are encoding errors.

since I knew some ppl were having problems with iBooks, I didn't isntall anything else after jailbreaking. i have since restored to factory 4.3.3 and the problems (once I re-downloaded the newly purchased content) are resolved.
 
Any known updates or workarounds for the iBooks problem? I keep checking the main thread on jailbreakQA.com, but so far no fix is listed...
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom