What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

Steer wrestling.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I have hundreds of pictures of seagulls (about the easiest bird to capture on camera). I've never even thought about them being different, let alone figuring out which is which. In hind sight, it's obvious, but I guess we just take the everyday for granted.

This one's form Kodiak Ak, about 10 years ago.

View attachment 69162

Nice shot!

I've been to AK, but never Kodiak. I rented an RV and drove wherever I could and also took a flight to Barrow. It was in June so the sun never went below the horizon in Barrow.

I can identify a lot of different birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, insects, trees and shrubs. I like outings in nature, and I find it interesting to not only identify, but to learn about the flora and fauna we share the planet with. What do they eat? When do they flower? Stuff like that.

But Gulls, Sandpipers, and a few others just look too alike for me, plus like many birds, they change plumage throughout the year.

I grew up in Florida when it was mostly undeveloped, so as a kid I spent a lot of time in pine woods, and I'd swim across the intracoastal to the barrier island to play in the ocean.

Right now I live on a narrow strip of land between a state wildlife preserve and a 2 mile wide lagoon. To the east of the lagoon is a thin barrier island and then the Atlantic Ocean. I see a lot of wildlife in my half-acre in almost paradise.

We had an injured Red Shouldered Hawk in our back yard two days ago, but it wouldn't let us get near to help. It ambled into the thicket behind us where we couldn't get it. But today it was flying around the yard screeching. To us it seemed like it was telling us it was OK now (aren't imaginations wonderful?).

We make a few trips to the Everglades National park every year, and I visit a lot of the state and local parks and preserves too. Wherever we travel we try to get out in at least the semi-wild and feel the land.

I guess it's a hobby of ours.

Bob

I've been to one rodeo in my life and it was really quite a spectacle. I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for the pix, it brought back that memory.
I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. BTW, this is also my first ever rodeo, a 15 minute walk from my house.:)

Last edited:
Nice shot!

I've been to AK, but never Kodiak. I rented an RV and drove wherever I could and also took a flight to Barrow. It was in June so the sun never went below the horizon in Barrow.

I can identify a lot of different birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, insects, trees and shrubs. I like outings in nature, and I find it interesting to not only identify, but to learn about the flora and fauna we share the planet with. What do they eat? When do they flower? Stuff like that.

But Gulls, Sandpipers, and a few others just look too alike for me, plus like many birds, they change plumage throughout the year.

I grew up in Florida when it was mostly undeveloped, so as a kid I spent a lot of time in pine woods, and I'd swim across the intracoastal to the barrier island to play in the ocean.

Right now I live on a narrow strip of land between a state wildlife preserve and a 2 mile wide lagoon. To the east of the lagoon is a thin barrier island and then the Atlantic Ocean. I see a lot of wildlife in my half-acre in almost paradise.

We had an injured Red Shouldered Hawk in our back yard two days ago, but it wouldn't let us get near to help. It ambled into the thicket behind us where we couldn't get it. But today it was flying around the yard screeching. To us it seemed like it was telling us it was OK now (aren't imaginations wonderful?).

We make a few trips to the Everglades National park every year, and I visit a lot of the state and local parks and preserves too. Wherever we travel we try to get out in at least the semi-wild and feel the land.

I guess it's a hobby of ours.

Bob

You're much more of an outdoors person than I am. I like an occasional hike, but rarely go out of my way to learn about what I'm seeing. Probably because I've almost always been near rural or wilderness, I tend to take it for granted.

I like to take pictures, so you'd think I'd want to know what I was taking pictures of, but I'm afraid I'm more concerned with how the picture looks than what the subject is. :)

I spent three tours in Kodiak, about a third of my career, and have visited several other cities over the years (usually for work); Bethel, Nome, Seward, Cordova, Anchorage, Tok, etc. If you go to Alaska again I recommend taking the ferry up the inside passage. Beautiful (and cheaper than a cruise).

IMG_9422.JPG

Last edited:
You're much more of an outdoors person than I am. I like an occasional hike, but rarely go out of my way to learn about what I'm seeing. Probably because I've almost always been near rural or wilderness, I tend to take it for granted.

I like to take pictures, so you'd think I'd want to know what I was taking pictures of, but I'm afraid I'm more concerned with how the picture looks than what the subject is. :)

I spent three tours in Kodiak, about a third of my career, and have visited several other cities over the years (usually for work); Bethel, Nome, Seward, Cordova, Anchorage, Tok, etc. If you go to Alaska again I recommend taking the ferry up the inland passage. Beautiful (and cheaper than a cruise).

View attachment 69168
I can second the advice about the inside passage to Alaska, I've made the trip several times while in the navy.

I spent three tours in Kodiak, about a third of my career, and have visited several other cities over the years (usually for work); Bethel, Nome, Seward, Cordova, Anchorage, Tok, etc. If you go to Alaska again I recommend taking the ferry up the inside passage. Beautiful (and cheaper than a cruise).

View attachment 69168
You take nice pictures.

As an entertainer, I worked on cruise ships for 4 years, so a cruise for me is not the first choice. I have read about the ferry, it also takes you to places the cruise ships don't go. I like that.

You've recorded another spectacular sunset. Having the lake available in the right location to reflect the sunset colours makes all the difference in shots like this.
Thank you, Robert!
I agree - the picture wouldn't look good without the lake.

Persian Mosque Wall Art - I was just on FB and an image appeared (first one shown below) which was just colorful and beautiful - stated to be from a Mosque in Isfahan in Iran - so I did some Google imaging and came up w/ this Website - choose a few addition pics below - the detail is just phenomenal (click on the link for many more images).

When I was a radiology resident (1972-75), there were 5 of us in that year - one was named Bijan from Isfahan in Iran - we became good friends but lost track of each other on finishing our residency - I went into the Army and he headed north to the Washington, D.C. area - we did enjoy each other's company, so these pics brought back some memories. Dave :)
Mosque1.jpg
Mosque2.jpg
Mosque3.jpg
Mosque4.jpg

Stunning.

I've been to the Alhambra in Spain so I know that as nice as these picture are, they are even better looking in person.

I'll try to find some Alhambra pictures to complement you nice shots.

Bob

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back