What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple Planning a Super-Retina Device?

I think Apple will do some extra blast of technology.

People are waiting for something new from Apple

I was hoping it would be informative and provide some context for the larger Apple story saturating the news.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Probably would be for readers who haven't been following tech news.

I have to admit, if I had the choice of an iPhone 5 and a 4S at a big discount, I don't see a good reason to go with an iPhone 5....it makes little sense for me, since on a phone, LTE is just not something I need to pay money for and the screen is only slighter larger. Yeah, the iPhone 5 is faster and has a more powerful processor, but the 4S doesn't feel slow to me at all. I can see why many are making this decision. Come October, I will be able to buy a new phone. At this point, the desire to have something new seems like the main reason to upgrade.

I have to admit, if I had the choice of an iPhone 5 and a 4S at a big discount, I don't see a good reason to go with an iPhone 5....it makes little sense for me, since on a phone, LTE is just not something I need to pay money for and the screen is only slighter larger. Yeah, the iPhone 5 is faster and has a more powerful processor, but the 4S doesn't feel slow to me at all. I can see why many are making this decision. Come October, I will be able to buy a new phone. At this point, the desire to have something new seems like the main reason to upgrade.

Yes, I have a hard time justifying a phone upgrade, even though I enjoy new gadgets. Phone makers have already met my phone needs, so I would have to be squeezed by something getting old, rather than buying for more features.

What I noticed on my iPad 4 vs. iPad 2, and I don't know the specific reason, is that my iPad 2's streaming via VPN for overseas apps is miserable vs. iPad 4. iPad 2 keeps cutting out, while iPad 4 runs smoothly. So I'm increasingly open to replacing my iPad 2.

Yes, I have a hard time justifying a phone upgrade, even though I enjoy new gadgets. Phone makers have already met my phone needs, so I would have to be squeezed by something getting old, rather than buying for more features.

What I noticed on my iPad 4 vs. iPad 2, and I don't know the specific reason, is that my iPad 2's streaming via VPN for overseas apps is miserable vs. iPad 4. iPad 2 keeps cutting out, while iPad 4 runs smoothly. So I'm increasingly open to replacing my iPad 2.

For some reason, I'm having a hard time accepting that I don't need new stuff (I still enjoy it, though). I'm wondering if I'm getting old or something. :)

Maybe VPN requires more muscle than the iPad 2 can handle....at some point, and we all know it is true, older tech just cannot keep up.

Come October, will I be able to resist a phone upgrade? Probably not...but there will likely be a retina mini and an iPad 5 by then....so, maybe!

I would like a "Super Retina" device if it was still thinner and lighter and had at least the same battery life. I might even pay more for it since it would be the latest and greatest and would obviously have a fast SOC and GPU... I was reading about a Panasonic 4K tablet, albeit 20inches... That runs win8. I can link the article from brightsideofnews.com if anyone wants it. But that is more for professionals like video editors, artists, architects, and medical professionals. Sure, a super retina display would kind of future proof you in terms of resolution but I doubt it would be cost effective and I doubt it would come cheap.. What I want is an iPad that runs Mountain Lion or some new OS that is more like the desktop Mac OS. Win8 and the desktop work fine on tablets, I see no reason why Apple can't do the same. I know about the modbook but I mean an Apple iPad for a reasonable price... It can be a little bigger if that makes it more manageable but that's what I want... In the meantime I will enjoy IOS to the full extent because it's a great OS and nothing comes overnight. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back